Hamer Fan Club Message Center

You decide on the spec, I'll order the run

I think the thing that is killing Hamer right now it the base price for most thing are all about the same, You take a simple item like a special add all the fun stuff now it the same price as a higher end model & you have to ask yourself "for a few $100 more I can get a ?"

It would be a cool run to do no doubt , just coming up with $2500 with out an notice is hard to do for most people. To me it something I would have to save up a bit for a while.

I think the thing that is killing Hamer right now it the base price for most thing are all about the same, You take a simple item like a special add all the fun stuff now it the same price as a higher end model & you have to ask yourself "for a few $100 more I can get a ?"

It would be a cool run to do no doubt , just coming up with $2500 with out an notice is hard to do for most people. To me it something I would have to save up a bit for a while.

Thats got to be part of it.

In the interest of budget, is there simply a pickup and color option we could add to an existing model? Maybe take a mahogany Artist, do Phat Cats, make it a unique color, and add the checkerboard logo strip. Price, if we are serious, has to be a huge factor. But at the same time it should be a guitar that can't be replicated by just getting a used one off Ebay and swapping pickups. I think color and logo are things that are cheaply modified at the factory but would be unusual enough and difficult enough to make them distinctive and hard to build at home.

I like the Mahogany Artist with Phat Cats and unique color idea. I'd also enjoy an HFC logo but frankly am not wild about checkerboard . . . I know, heresy.

Ahh, guess I was a little late to the party. I just finished reading the thread and see there's already a proposed model . . . thinking . . . .

How about allowing different body shapes?

I mean, do a run of six all-mahogany guitars, no bling, natural or standard finish, unbound rosewood fretboard with dot inlays, either wraparound or TOM or sustainblock bridge and just one pup (either P-90 or humbucking) and "HFC" engraved on the truss-rod cover.

I bet you'll get your six 2.5K orders in no time.

Single pickup guitars are more expensive. The neck pickup route is part of the basic route, as is the third control hole.

Different shapes require different handling, therefore upcharges.

What's the deposit?

And are all six going to be the same color, or is there a choice between the ones listed?

Oh, and what's the neck carve?

And if you don't get 6 deposits are they refundable or applicable towards other items?

Single pickup guitars are more expensive. The neck pickup route is part of the basic route, as is the third control hole.

Ok, two pups then. :ph34r:

Different shapes require different handling, therefore upcharges.

But there are upcharges for other options anyway, right?

What's the deposit?

50%

And are all six going to be the same color, or is there a choice between the ones listed?

Any of the three colors listed

Oh, and what's the neck carve?

Vintage

And if you don't get 6 deposits are they refundable or applicable towards other items?

Transferrable.

I want one of these, and would love to see this happen. Hamer is making it possible for US to do this, and I want to see Hamer continue.

But there are upcharges for other options anyway, right?

This is a spec guitar at a price that I am not making a profit on when it's all said and done(all the effort that I have put into it has not been paid for).

If you would like to do a custom order, you can do whatever you want. I would love to do that for you, no problem.

If you would like to do a custom order, you can do whatever you want. I would love to do that for you, no problem.

Thanks Greg! I'll think about the specs and will PM you to get a quote, ok? And if we finally make a deal, I'll put this one for sale then.

I'll bite..... maybe you can get further with jol than I did...

'77 sunburst reissued to the letter... I tried to get this to happen for the 30th anniversary

of the sunburst, limited to 30 guitars...but there was no interest in doing so on hamers part...

if you can make it happen, put me down for one.

I'll bite..... maybe you can get further with jol than I did...

Jol's gone, so almost anything is possible now. It comes down to how much you want to spend to get what you want. No corksniffing firewall anymore.

Gimme 2 weeks and I'm in.

Bonus if they're going to have a special serial number designation, like "2 of 6" or whatever.

Undecided on the color right now.

Crap, forgot to ask, pickguard or no?

Bonus if they're going to have a special serial number designation, like "2 of 6" or whatever.

I would think that would be do-able - they've done it before. The only rub would be that the entire run would need to be locked down/committed before you know the "2 of X" digit. Definitely sounds like there's good initial interest here. That's always a cool feature to make a run a bit more "Special" :ph34r: .

A note - Greg could probably request "BCR" or something like that stamped with the serial if he wanted to, but "HFC" is not available.

The special designation serial number isn't a deal breaker for me. I'm in regardless. I'm thinking Vintage Orange with a Tort pickguard... That sounds like it would be tits to me. Of course, if any photoshop gurus wanna do a mock-up, that would kick ass...

• 3 weeks later...

Right! Case 'n point. I doubt any ten of us will agree on the spec for this proposed fantasy run, BUT if there were a dozen or so BCR Jr's suddenly available bet they'd be gone by days end.

There one VERY FAIRLY priced available right now.

• 9 months later...

Right! Case 'n point. I doubt any ten of us will agree on the spec for this proposed fantasy run, BUT if there were a dozen or so BCR Jr's suddenly available bet they'd be gone by days end.

There one VERY FAIRLY priced available right now.

Still available or long gone ?

Archived