Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS: 1975 Ibanez Destroyer

Up for sale is a 1975 (non serialized) Ibanez Destroyer. I am the second owner, the original owner received it in 1976 as his graduation present. Extremely clean, has worming on the clear on the back but nothing breaking the surface. There are a few bumps on the lower left point as usual but there is no missing finish, as well as the upper point on the headstock. One ding on the back, one on the top below the bridge. No chips or chunks of clear missing that you normally see on these. The bridge pickup is a Dimarzio and the original is in the case. The strap buttons are Schaller style and the originals are in the case as well.

Has the original blue interior case which is also very clean. There is one foot missing from the bottom and that as well is in the case.

DSC00702.jpg

DSC00701.jpg

DSC00703.jpg

DSC00704.jpg

DSC00705.jpg

DSC00706.jpg

Looking for $1400 shipped CONUS.

Not looking for any trades.

It's killing me to sell it but I gotta' pay the bills.

First time I saw one was when I saw a photo of Ace playing one back in '76. Took me years to find a clean one but it's time for someone else to enjoy it.

WOW! If my wife sees this one, she'll ask me to buy it!

minty-clean.jpg

...and PRISTINE!!

Not that i'm an authority on Ibanez but i'd say that's a lawsuit Explorer, not a Destroyer - Destroyers are a different shape.

Nope-that's a 75 Destroyer. The V copy was the "Rocket Roll". I forget now what they called tbd Moderne copy.

The Norlin v Hoshino suit was filed in Fed Ct in Philadelphia. It never went anywhere, but was primarily over headstock design which had been trademarked.

AceExplorer.jpg

AceExplorer2.jpg

Now you're fighting dirty!

And that is about as pristine a copy as I've seen. All the vintage Ibanez examples I've come across have not looked as nice. The hardware on that is so nice. I had spent plenty of time with some toothpaste to clean up the tuners and still couldn't get them as nice as yours.

And +1 to serial's observations about the lawsuit. He's got is $hit down.

Not that i'm an authority on Ibanez but i'd say that's a lawsuit Explorer, not a Destroyer - Destroyers are a different shape.

Nope-that's a 75 Destroyer. The V copy was the "Rocket Roll". I forget now what they called tbd Moderne copy.

The Norlin v Hoshino suit was filed in Fed Ct in Philadelphia. It never went anywhere, but was primarily over headstock design which had been trademarked.

Originally the Destroyer was an exact copy of the original korina Gibson Explorer. This first appeared in the mid seventies and the quality of this model helped fuel the lawsuit fire

I'd always assumed that the 'Destroyer' name came with the later models with the 'hook' on the lower bout - learn something new every day.

I still vividly remember the old 1/4 and 1/2 page Ibanez ads from the mid/late '70s Guitar Player mags with all the copies. That stuff was magic for a 12-13 year old who wanted to play electric!

For the record, and to clear up any (potential) confusion - GCRON is a first-class and knowledgeable seller. Although I've never done a deal with him (yet), he has a minty and pristine track record at some other boards I frequent.

This is a killer guitar.

For the record, and to clear up any (potential) confusion - GCRON is a first-class and knowledgeable seller. Although I've never done a deal with him (yet), he has a minty and pristine track record at some other boards I frequent.

This is a killer guitar.

Thank you kind sir!

minty-clean.jpg

...and PRISTINE!!

I loled.

I did a search for Destroyer, found the thread where that came from. Then I laughed. Many times. Man was that a train wreck.

That was quite a thread. :D

Archived