Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Manufacturer's Logos

However...

ChapMax2head.jpg

ChapMax1Head.jpg

Yellow88TommyWSSHead.jpg

91Sunburstheadstock.jpg

THESE we like! :ph34r:

I was gonna say, isn't the stadium logo worshipped around here?

I like the SL on 6-on-a-side headstocks (or 4-on-a-side headstocks for basses) and the Impact headstock. I don't like it on 3+3 headstocks.

OK, my new pet-peeve. The size of logos on manufacturers products.

Is it just me or are these a wee bit over-the-top in size???

683771.jpg

+1 on this one....the picture doesn't give you a good idea of just how large it is...it would look huge on a 4x12, much less the 1x12...I got to looking at mine the other day and discovered it pulls off/out fairly easily if you're gentle with the few glue spots that hold it in place. Now I've got 4 eraser size holes where the grill cloth was stretched to make room for the posts, but MUCH better imo.

Right ON!! I hate branding on traditional-style, exposed-coil pickups. It looks CHEAP!! It's a glaring example of Marketing defeating Design. I mean, I get that there are alot of replacement pickup makers out there... Should the hardware and the wood and the knobs and the nut all have logos on them, too?!

I don't care about the rationale(s). It's a sign of OUR times.

kisslogo.jpg

Now THAT'S funny!

OK, my new pet-peeve. The size of logos on manufacturers products.

Is it just me or are these a wee bit over-the-top in size???

SH-2.jpg

p1_uw2tkm1g0_so.jpg

683771.jpg

I quite agree. I always thought that the larger the logo the less content there is in anything. I was against enlarging the Hamer logo and prefer everything to be more subtle. It is way more fun to have research and discover something than it is to have slapped in your face. Paul Hamer

Archived