Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Attention HFC'ers!

There are a number of things cooking "behind the scenes" here at the HFC, but we want to let you know about something special that's in the works.

A group of HFC'ers are excited to be working with Paul Hamer to plan a special HFC Event in Chicago for Fall, 2010 (probably October).

At this time, we envision the event to consist of the following activities:

* A reception, possibly at the Hamer Room at the Chicago Hard Rock Hotel on Michigan Ave (probably on a Friday evening), featuring:

- Talks by Paul H. and others

- Ability to meet and talk with people who were there "in the beginning" and people who worked at the Arlington Hts factory. Some early Hamer players from the area will also be in attendance.

- Media presentation of images from Paul's collection as well as from HFC'ers' personal archives (we are encouraging participation!)

- Rare/Cool Custom instruments on parade (we will encourage HFCers to participate here!)

* A Jam, at a Chicago-area location TBD and probably on the next night (Saturday)

* Other events, TBD

While the event we envision will essentially consist of the above activities, we are soliciting suggestions from the membership here on any other ideas that could make it the greatest success for those who can attend (and also for those who cannot). We are looking to finalize the arrangements by early July, so please send your ideas/suggestions along to me (for now), until I can figure out how to set up a dedicated mailbox. Chris Herman (Hectorp) will ultimately be reviewing the suggestions from membership, and we'll keep a running summary of things here on the board.

Please understand that we will try to accommodate as many people's schedules and specific requests as possible, however, it will not be possible to please everyone, and no matter what we do, it will involve some balancing that ultimately works better for some than for others.

Thanks, and look for updates to this thread in the coming weeks.

cmatthes

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DUDE!

I'm running in the Chicago Marathon on October 10, 2010. I would love to be able to add some HFC action to my trip.

But that means that thousands of folks from out of town will be there for the marathon. It might make booking rooms tough on that weekend. But you never know... please keep us in the loop on the efforts.

Sounds great! Will there be any current Hamer/KMC/Fender folks there?

Can you charge a fee and book CT? :-)

We've just started the planning process, so haven't gotten that far into things.

We'll have to see what CT's fall tour schedule is looking like. :D

Sounds great! Will there be any current Hamer/KMC/Fender folks there?

Can you charge a fee and book CT? :-)

We've just started the planning process, so haven't gotten that far into things.

We'll have to see what CT's fall tour schedule is looking like. ;)

That would be killer! :D

This might help you pick a date. I just booked October 22, so that weekend's out. If October ends up like September with six + gigs, they may all be out. Pick a date! ;-) I'd make this drive.

Avoid the last weekend of the month, please.

Second this. Halloween is definitely not the time, too much going on.

Wow, this sounds great, Chris! An unforgettable time. I'm just hoping lots of dudes remember their cameras as well as their guitars for those of us who can't make it....

What do you mean you can't make it!!! Grab the Purple Throbber and hit the road... :D

do I bring a period correct Hamer?

When in doubt, bring 'em all! :lol:

What do you mean you can't make it!!! Grab the Purple Throbber and hit the road... :D

True, it is still a ways off, and anything can happen, right? ;)

Archived