Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Attention HFC'ers!

Waiting to hear back from Chris H. (Hectorp) on the room/venue info. Will touch base with him ASAP.

Text me when you're ready to book flights. I'll get on the same jet as you. No bars in Nashville, no layovers in Vegas though...

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll pass along the info as soon as I get more in.

I'm booking my flights asap.

Update:

We are discussing in greater detail tomorrow, but it looks like we are going to have an event on Friday afternoon/evening and the jam will be on that Saturday night. We have put a deposit down on the venue.

More details as I get them...

• 2 weeks later...

There is another call this week - as of now, a deposit has been put down for the room where we'll have the Saturday night jam. That will be at the Excalibur Club in downtown Chicago, and we have the room starting at 6pm. I've heard that we have confirmations from some legendary Chicago-area musicians as well. We'll be putting out more about the jam/jam format in the coming weeks.

We should know the details about the presentation/Q&A portion - Paul and Chris H. were circling back on that, and although we already know where that will be, I'll post once the time gets locked down. That portion may be moving to Saturday during the day to accommodate out-of-towners and Friday workday conflicts, but we're also discussing that part.

In the meantime, we will be actively soliciting pics from the HFC for Paul to use during his presentation. What we're looking for primarily here are '70s' and '80's model guitars and basses - the more, the merrier! I'll post an email address where to send those (jpeg format should be fine) as soon as I get the okay.

Looking like a lot of fun for that weekend!

Are we doing a home base hotel?

That would be cool. Maybe throw a sofa out the window from the 7th floor. :lol:

Me and the Mrs. (at least me anyways) are really wanting to do this thing. It's close enough to her birthday, and meeting Paul could be my present to her. :(

Maybe the Wizzconsin contingent could convoy that way.....

Hmmmm.... no gigs booked. Megabus is cheeeep to Chitown....

Just checked the work calendar and I'm booked for the 15th and can't change that. I guess I'll see how things pan out for Friday night and Saturday events.

Quick question on how this works. Do you normally have a "set list" posted well beforehand to pick from or prepare for, or is it a last minute free-for-all type situation?

Pardon my ignorance, it's been eons since I participated in anything like this.

Quick question on how this works. Do you normally have a "set list" posted well beforehand to pick from or prepare for, or is it a last minute free-for-all type situation?

Pardon my ignorance, it's been eons since I participated in anything like this.

We're going to probably have some structure around it - makes it easier on the drummer :( . Not necessarily a set list for the entire evening, but there will be a list of players, what songs they want to do, when any "special guests" or VIPs will be playing, etc.

The goal is to maximize the fun at these things and to minimize any hesitation or down time. Ideally, everybody who wants to play will get to participate, but depending on the turnout, that sometimes doesn't always work out. We're going to do our best to get everybody involved who wants to play, and get a lot of things lined up in advance, where possible.

Oh man, this sounds like a blast. I'm almost sorry we've got a hall party to play the 16th. One I'd be hard pressed to blow off since it's a three-birthday-celebration: my drummer, his wife & the guy that shows up every time we play!

I'm going to either put up a separate post or add to this one this weekend for registration info and more soliciting of cool pics of your rare, old and custom Hamers from the '70s and '80s. Paul will be assembling a slide presentation, so we hope to see some neat stuff there.

More to come very soon!

Registration is now open!

See thread in main section below: http://www.hamerfanclub.com/forums/index.p...=44558&st=0

Anything on the "Pictures" yet?

Actually, YES! I'll post the email address and any other details tonight, but we are asking that contributors either send jpegs or discs with pictures to Rob Herman, Chris' brother. He'll be putting the graphics/show together for Paul's presentation.

BOOK THOSE HOTEL ROOMS GANG!!!!

(See the thread in the main section below)

• 4 weeks later...

We're going to probably have some structure around it - makes it easier on the drummer :lol: . Not necessarily a set list for the entire evening, but there will be a list of players, what songs they want to do, when any "special guests" or VIPs will be playing, etc.

The goal is to maximize the fun at these things and to minimize any hesitation or down time. Ideally, everybody who wants to play will get to participate, but depending on the turnout, that sometimes doesn't always work out. We're going to do our best to get everybody involved who wants to play, and get a lot of things lined up in advance, where possible.

Any set list ideas yet?

Love to jam some good old Chicago Hamer power pop- in particular Off Broadway. :lol:

Sounds like fun fellas!!! I wish i could swing it.

I host our annual Heritage Owners Club gathering....Chris you are a good man for doing this, i know how much work it is to put an event like this together, i have done it for 3 yrs now for the HOC.

But it is very rewarding to see everybody get together jam, talk, check out eachothers guitars, etc!

Have fun guys!!!! :lol:

Chris Herman ("Hectorp"), Paul Hamer and a few other guys are really running with things on the ground in Chicago. They've really gotten a lot pulled together there, and we're all really looking forward to it!

Archived