Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Attention HFC'ers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris I found out I can attend. Would like to register for the luncheon, jam etc...

I will send you an email per your instructions on the other thread.

Bruce - you're on the list!

See you in Chicago...

I'm gonna take vacation days on the 14th and 15th, so no tours of Playboy HQ, I'm afraid. The upside is I'm available to do more fun stuff like take people to Make'n Music and the Twisted Spoke.

mmmmmm Twisted Spoke... It will be so good to see you, Chris, and everyone else next weekend!

Some details about the Jam from our most recent call to share with everybody:

We have rented Excalibur's "Dome Room" for the jam, and we'll kick things off there @6PM on Saturday.

There will be a Suggested Donation of $25 per attendee. This will be to help offset the enormous personal expense involved in renting the room, and you will be able to pay that at the door. Cash or Check (made out to "Chris Herman") will be fine.

Nametags will be available at the door for those who didn't get them at the earlier Cliff Dwellers event, and we'll also have a sign-in sheet there as well.

For the actual Jam, we are still looking for more HFC'er songs for the list, so reach out to somebody on or off-line and keep the ideas coming!

The format will run something like this:

* Paul will kick things off with an introduction, etc.

* We'll go into a "structured" part to get things going. This will most likely include a few songs from Mimi/Pezband (Pezband, Beatles, old Fleetwood Mac stuff).

* To follow, we'll steer towards some "jam-friendly" instrumentals where jam attendees will be invited to join along.

* Groups of people/HFC'ers with pre-arranged songs to play will take the stage in some kind of order (so again, keep sending me or posting your ideas!)

* A Sign-up sheet will be circulated during the evening, so people can pull something together numbers while there and then take the stage in list order.

* Paul and any "Super Surprise Special Guest(s)" who may just happen to show up will close the evening, and we will likely have a mass, group jam song worked up to play right before or right after that.

We'll have one or two people wearing the M.C. cap during the jam to keep things moving along, and hopefully keep the down time to a minimum. If there are any lulls, that time can easily be killed with socialization, gear trading/swapping, etc. I don't think we'll have any problems filling spaces though.

Keep talking to people you'd like to play/jam with, and let's keep those song ideas coming!

Thanks much,

Chris

Weather is looking GREAT for the weekend too, everybody!

Friday

Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 60s.

Friday Night through Sunday

Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 40s. Highs in the upper 60s.

I'm trying to make it to the Jam on Saturday. I'm supposed to play a private party but the guy we're doing it for is kind of flakey and told us yesterday he may have to put it off for a couple of weeks. It's 1K pay for 3 hrs and we're just 3 peice right now so I could use the extra cash.

Here's an interesting fact about the Excalibur I'll bet most of you are not familiar with. There may be some extra players on the stage with you. :lol:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1..._nightclub.html

That's awesome!

Definitely adds to the whole spirit of the event...

Looking forward to meeting the HFC'ers and special guests I've never met in person before, but now there's a whole other group of guests to consider.

Rest assured, there will be no shortage of douchebags on the "dance" side of the place after 10 pm, so be prepared for that.

Chevelle opened for my band at Dome Room back in the day. Good times!

Rest assured, there will be no shortage of douchebags on the "dance" side of the place after 10 pm, so be prepared for that.

Like the Midwest version of "Jersey Shore" d-bags?

Like the Midwest version of "Jersey Shore" d-bags?

Exactly like that.

Excellent!

Gents-

I'm planning on joining the group on Saturday and am signed up for the lunch event. Unfortunately, Friday for me is a no-go due to work. I've been following this thread, but I think I've missed a few of the more mundane bits, and was just hoping to ask a few naive questions:

What time do we meet for the lunch and what is the address? Does anyone have plans for the time between the lunch event and Excalibur? I'm open for the entire day, but unfortunately have not met any of the other members and will be sort of flying solo during the day. My wife will be joining us at Excal, and would be happy to hang with any of the other spouses. If there is any grunt work to be done at Excal, I'm good for that. However, I broke a couple of ribs last week and am still a bit uncomfortable.

I'm way too much of a hack to participate in the jam, but wouldnt mind bringing a guitar or two down to show off and let the others play. Is that an ok idea or stupid? Is there any other gear that I can assist with? Is anyone planning on bringing anything to get signed or would that be just effen rude? And lastly, the last time I looked at the song list I didnt see anything from the Pretenders. I just thought it would be so cool to see someone from the HFC get busy with something from the first album because James Honeyman Scott is one of my favorite Hamer players (rip).

dboy66:

The address for the Cliff Dwellers presentation/luncheon is:

200 S Michigan Ave Fl 22 · Chicago

(312) 922-8080

We're looking to get underway at noon, and that should run until @ 3pm.

The Jam at Excalibur starts at 6pm, but we'll be doing the load-in, etc. shortly after the Cliff Dwellers event, so not sure what will be going on from 3:30 to 6. I imagine some people will probably get together to grab a bite to eat or something. That will be very informal, of course!

I had some nametags made for the event, so everybody will be able to meet up by "real" name and HFC handle.

dboy-

I would be way down for "Kid" (really anything off the first album, but that song really sends me): Honeyman-Scott is in my top five of all time greats, and of course he was a Hamer endorser so it makes perfect sense.

I am going to ask Paul to sign at least one of my guitars, and have already inquired with the big guys here and was told it will be more than cool. :lol:

Here's the info on the lunch-

The Cliff Dwellers, Saturday October 16th, from noon to 3 p.m.

200 S. Michigan Avenue, Chicago IL 60604-2487

Phone: 312-922-8080 * Fax: 312-922-8084

http://www.cliff-chicago.org/

Looking forward to meeting you! I am also flying solo and don't know anyone (yet). Love to see your guitars as well.

Doh! Chris is too damn fast! Beat me to the punch while I was hitting send.

Thanks, Scott!

Definitely check out the Cliff Dwellers "virtual tour" to make sure you get there!

"Kid"? One of my all-time favorite songs, and JH-S is one of my all-time favorite players as well. Know anybody who could handle the Chrissie part? :lol:

Hey, if we could put the rest together and can't find a suitable female vocalist I'll do my best at Chrissie falsetto, and I don't do that for just anyone. :lol: That's too good a song to pass up playing- the solo alone is worth the price of admission.

Address for Excalibur-

Excalibur (Dome Room)

632 North Dearborn Street

Chicago, IL 60654-3829

(312) 266-1944

Also, just talked to the Cliff Dwellers Club, here's the skinny on parking.

Park on Wabash & Jackson at the C&A Building- bring your ticket to the event and CDC will mark it to get you a special $10 parking rate.

Only problem is that we don't have tickets to the event!

Also, just talked to the Cliff Dwellers Club, here's the skinny on parking.

Park on Wabash & Jackson at the C&A Building- bring your ticket to the event and CDC will mark it to get you a special $10 parking rate.

Your parking ticket, the one you get from the garage when you park. Bring it to the Cliff Dwellers Club and THEY will validate it for the special rate.

At least that's what they said on the phone.

That makes a lot more sense... :lol:

Hey, if we could put the rest together and can't find a suitable female vocalist I'll do my best at Chrissie falsetto, and I don't do that for just anyone. :( That's too good a song to pass up playing- the solo alone is worth the price of admission.

ahemmmm (major throat clearing) "Ki-i-i-id, my only..." :lol: I think I can do this. I won't be playing this time out, so might as well sing!

Carmie

Archived