Hamer Fan Club Message Center

iRig from Amplitube Demo Video

This app looks pretty sweet. Not sure this is out yet, but if so, has anyone here taken the plunge?

Not out yet, I am going to use my jam points and pre-order it. I have Amplitube 3 and it sounds great.

That is really cool. One of two things should happen...either Verizon should be offering the iPhone, or this should be ported over to Android for the Moto Droid. It will never replace a real amp imo, but this would be so handy.

That is really cool. One of two things should happen...either Verizon should be offering the iPhone, or this should be ported over to Android for the Moto Droid. It will never replace a real amp imo, but this would be so handy.

Heard from a Verizon insider that the iPhone will be available with Verizon plans in September.....we'll see!

Looks like you can't play along with the music on your phone (I think they'd consume too much memory / processor together). That kind of ruins it for me, as I'd mainly be using it to practice / learn songs.

Looks like you can't play along with the music on your phone (I think they'd consume too much memory / processor together). That kind of ruins it for me, as I'd mainly be using it to practice / learn songs.

It says here that you can: Import and play with songs or backing tracks with real time effec

I guess you have to import one so that it plays within the application, probably to prevent lag and the need to load the iPod app into memory. If that's what it means. I'm certainly intrigued!

I guess you have to import one so that it plays within the application, probably to prevent lag and the need to load the iPod app into memory. If that's what it means. I'm certainly intrigued!

That's the way their computer version of amplitube works. The computer based version allows you to speed up or slow down the song too.

• 3 weeks later...

That's the way their computer version of amplitube works. The computer based version allows you to speed up or slow down the song too.

You have to import music, due to the latency issues that were caused by the iPod app using a MUCH higher samplerate than we do. The latency would be unbearable. When you input, the AmpliTube for iPhone app handles it all.

Slowdown and recording are probably the two most-requested features, so we're looking at those. Look forward to things like that an MUCH more in the future.

By the way... 3 days to go until the iRig ships! July 1st in Europe, July 7th in the US…

Get the FREE version of AmpliTube For iPhone here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/amplitube-f...d373309342?mt=8

This app looks pretty sweet. Not sure this is out yet, but if so, has anyone here taken the plunge?

Not out yet, I am going to use my jam points and pre-order it. I have Amplitube 3 and it sounds great.

Jam points???

I put the app on my new iPhone, but haven't played with it yet. No interface.

Jam points???

I put the app on my new iPhone, but haven't played with it yet. No interface.

You can play their demo sound clips through the effects and amps to get an idea of the sound.

Jam points are on the ik website. as you buy their stuff you get bonus bucks you can spend at their store for up to %50 off.

Heard from a Verizon insider that the iPhone will be available with Verizon plans in September.....we'll see!

I'd be shocked if that happens. There's a guy on either TGP or the Acoustic Guitar Forum who says he's the guy who would be ordering the infrastructure needed to support an iPhone on Verizon and he's done nothing and heard nothing.

I'd be shocked if that happens. There's a guy on either TGP or the Acoustic Guitar Forum who says he's the guy who would be ordering the infrastructure needed to support an iPhone on Verizon and he's done nothing and heard nothing.

As would I. They've been propagating those rumors forever, it seems, and I really don't look for it to happen. I'll be happy if it does though, and I'll definitely jump on one.

I never understood why Apple crawled in bed with AT&T on this. Their earnings would have been way higher had they worked something out with Verizon. It would have been very beneficial to both sides. Maybe I'm missing something.

You can also import your own dry guitar tracks - just import as usual, then hold the play button until the timer turns grey. At that point the track gets routed through the amps/cabs/mics/fx.

One more day and the iRig adapter ships in Europe, then July 7th in the US and Japan. Can't wait!

Wow, the demos sound fantastic. If latency is low enough then one thing's certain: my MicroPod is heading to eBay. (Well, it was probably on its way anyway.)

One question for the IK rep: Will Amplitube work with Bluetooth headphones when the iRig is plugged in for guitar input?

Wow, the demos sound fantastic. If latency is low enough then one thing's certain: my MicroPod is heading to eBay. (Well, it was probably on its way anyway.)

One question for the IK rep: Will Amplitube work with Bluetooth headphones when the iRig is plugged in for guitar input?

I will have to get back to you, I believe audio is only routed out the headphone out on iRig though.

It is being delivered in Europe and in a day or two to the US and Japan now. There's an "unboxing" video posted too:

and one of it being unpacked and used immediately for an outdoor show:

Thanks, man. I tested it over the weekend and I see that Bluetooth isn't supported, even if there's nothing inserted in the headphone jack. I'm sold on this app either way, but please let the powers that be know that it would be a very nice enhancement if they could make the next revision Bluetooth audio-aware. Lots of folks are using stereo Bluetooth headphones w/ their iPhones exclusively now, and you know, one less cable to get tangled up in.

Congrats on the launch!

Thanks, man. I tested it over the weekend and I see that Bluetooth isn't supported, even if there's nothing inserted in the headphone jack. I'm sold on this app either way, but please let the powers that be know that it would be a very nice enhancement if they could make the next revision Bluetooth audio-aware. Lots of folks are using stereo Bluetooth headphones w/ their iPhones exclusively now, and you know, one less cable to get tangled up in.

Congrats on the launch!

Will do and thank you very much!

Also, check out the new video: Richard Fortus of Guns N' Roses says "the most interesting thing to happen to the iPhone yet":

iRig is arriving to folks all over now! Here's a first user demo video, right after it arrived:

Hopefully mine will be in next week.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got an iPad as a gift. I plan on using it for my collection of scores, tabs and backing tracks. If this could slow down and loop song sections it would make me a very happy man.

You will! These are among the most requested features. We're listening and working as fast as we can.

Here are the app links and a link to reviews just for reference if anybody needs them:

AmpliTube Free: 3 stompboxes, 1 amp+cabinet, 2 microphones

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/amplitube-f...d373309342?mt=8

AmpliTube LE: 5 stompboxes, 1 amplifier + cabinet, 2 microphones - $2.99/€2.39

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/amplitube-le/id373507300?mt=8

AmpliTube: 11 stompboxes, 5 amps + cabinets, 2 microphones - $19.99/€15.99

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/amplitube/id373524000?mt=8

And still lots of great reviews coming in: http://bit.ly/irigreviews

I thought this board would be especially interested in this tasty video of Jon Herington (Steely Dan's current guitarist the most recent decade) due to what he's playing... well, not the songs though he plays their classics and really surprises by getting great tones like the originals just with the iPhone. But the guitar.. :lol: Thought of this forum the minute I noticed that:

Archived