Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Nightwolf

wil50n

His name came to me today, and I checked some old posts. I never met him - I'm on the other side of the world - but I miss his words.

It's 4 years since he passed. Raise your glasses for him.

John was a great guy who really meant a lot to so many of us. Some of my best memories are from jamming with him in Al's backyard. He always made folks feel welcome, and encouraged everyone to get up and play (I still remember the look on his face when EvanD lit up the jam). His Daytona always makes it to Ceeb's jam each year for everyone to play in his memory.

I had the pleasure to meet John (and his lovely wife) a couple times and play with him as well. Fun, kind, honest, good guy and a damn good musician as well.

Nothing but good . . .

Same here. I got to share a stage and the occasional jam with him over the years. He was always accommodating and as Stonge mentioned, John welcomed everybody to sit in with him.

I don't even remember the first time I met him and Coletta, but it was in the earlier days of the HFC. Can't believe it's been 4 years already - I found one of his mailed newsletters not too long ago and remember chatting about Firebirds in some depth with him.

As I'm reminded of doubly today, life is way too short. Enjoy it, and play often. I think John would have said something similar...

He certainly was happy to oblige when it came to communicating on the internet. He was passionate about his music and the 'virtual airline' he ran.

IIRC, using Microsoft Flight Sim and some sort of server network (???)... he did some bush piloting up the the far noth of Canada/Alaska. He flew a Twin Otter(maybe it was a pontoon equipped Beaver) if memory serves. Damdest thing I ever heard of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_airline

Sleep well John...

Edited by blackfbiv

I enjoyed his posts and the lunch we shared at one of the old HFC open house events. Yea, he's missed......

till we meet again~

Everyone plug straight into a tube amp and wail for him today!

I never met him, but fortunately I was able to purchase my TopHat amp from him. I still talk about him whenever I have a jam party. His' definitely missed.

POE I believe this is the Jam you were referring to

P6270004.jpg

Yep, that was the one. John was a really special person. I felt it on the board and in e-mails we exchanged over the years, but I knew it in my heart when I finally met him in person. I remember we'd finish a song at that jam and he'd look and me and Cajun Boy, heck, all of us on stage and in the audience, with the most genuine, happy smile. I miss him.