Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Oh my...COOL band news

Just found out my band has been asked to compete for an opening slot for the Outlaw Jam on Aug. 1 in Maryland, headlined by Bad Company. Other bands are Candlebox, Blue Oyster Cult, Black Stone Cherry.

There's a battle of the bands tomorrow at Baltimore Harley Davidson apparently. Some how the promoter of the Outlaw Jam found us and made contact yesterday afternoon. We just confirmed this morning we are one of six for tomorrow's contest. We made it clear to him we only do covers and he said it didn't matter because he was pretty blown away by our YouTube videos. I think the other bands only do originals so we'll just do our thing and if it works, it works. We're seriously psyched regardless as bikers LOVE us. :lol:

So, we play a gig in Southern Maryland tonight. Baltimore Harley Davidson around 1 p.m. tomorrow. Then another gig tomorrow night. Nuts. I'm starting the Tylenol right now.

Outlaw Jam Website

A friend asked me if I wanted to go to that show, hope you get the slot.

We'll see. I've always thought these battle of the band things are kind of a joke but I guess you never know. We only play 20 minutes so it certainly can't hurt. It's just too bad it's not on a day when we don't play the night before as I suspect I'll get in around 3:30 a.m. tomorrow then have to be at the HD dealer at 11 a.m.

BOC was my first concert and still one of the best shows ever.

Great news and hope you get the slot-judging by the clips you posted, other bands had better be pretty damned good to knock you guys out!

Just got the call....we won! Holy shit.

I can't believe it. We were ALL dragging ass cuz none of us got home until 3 a.m. or so this morning from last night's gig, then got to the Harley dealer around 11 a.m., where we found out the "battle" was on a trailer bed with NO roof/overhead covering and it was already 90 degrees. We went on second, played four tunes and all promptly left because we have another gig tonight.

Wow...I'm shaking all over and feel like a teenager. Fuck!!!! :lol::):lol:

Thanks everyone. Man...I'm BEAT tired physically and emotionally this morning after three gigs in 24 hours, but wow. We're all still kind of pinching ourselves about the Outlaw Jam and getting to play with the big boys. We're supposed to get more details later this week as to how long we'll get to play, etc. Very cool indeed.

Here's a live shot from Friday night's gig at Memories in southern Maryland -- a cool little roadhouse bar that has a really nice house sound and light system.

_DSC0066.jpg

Archived