Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Jol re-surfaces, in Premier Guitar

G Man

Over 4years and just under 5000 post's and I got to admit. This thread is the biggest pile of sh*t i've came acrossed on this board. No matter what side of the fence you're on we have to remember than everyone has an opinion and nobody has to agree but its no reason to be disrespectful to each other or jump on the pile. This is the "HamerFanclub" and from what i've viewed every day on this board and from members is not a reflection of what I have read in this thread.

Although we are only 15 this year I have aquote

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." ~ Warren Buffet

Shawn: I hate to say it, but this board has always been this way. On one hand, it makes me want to stop my participation. But on the other hand, it's like a car wreck and I can't look away. Just call me a rubber necker I guess.

Some very valid points are being raised here, however personal attacks (overt or the passive-aggressive thinly-veiled type) aren't going to fly here.

Let's keep it clean, people. If you have a beef with somebody, take it offline. No need for that crap on our board.

Screw you Chris. ;-)

Some very valid points are being raised here, however personal attacks (overt or the passive-aggressive thinly-veiled type) aren't going to fly here.

Let's keep it clean, people. If you have a beef with somebody, take it offline. No need for that crap on our board.

I looked outside and the leaves ain't turning yet; for some reason I thought it was October lol...

back to yer regularly scheduled programming...

I had that very same thought. Is it almost time for an open house? ;-)

I would count the wonderful HFC open houses, and later the Hamer Open Houses, as a huge thank you.

And let's count how many of those Jams that Jol came to.

Uh, zero.

Did he come to the lunch? I'm thinking not. Though I had a nice lunch one year with Bill Kaman which was more impressive. ;-)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record. I'm usually rejected, by the in crooowwwowwd but I will admit to walking out once, the one time I went, due to a flicted romp through "Surrender". I think it was me, Pam and Johnny Thunders? LOL!

I believe I also partook of the cool New England evening air at that time.

Well, I used to play early (usually first with Amy and sometimes Kim) to help get things started and to get the cliched tunes out of the way. ;-) Usually before the cool kids arrived. ;-) Never stopped me from getting back up later. I enjoyed my participation. I even stayed through the Surrender performance. There's nothing like a good train wreck when everyone is laughing their way through it.

More unsubstantiated bullshit. "Just like high school." Jesus, man. Get over it already.

Kim was the one who made the factory jams happen. Can you imagine Jol lowering himself to schlepping gear? LOL! Please.

as one of the folks onstage when the stampede for the door started, I could understand if they waited until I started to play. I wasn't even plugged in yet when the in crowd did the "strut of shame". It was JV at best lol...

Kim provided most of the backline for all the HFC and OFC jams. Busted his arse on the load-in, setup, and load-out. All we had to do was showup and play. He didn't get enough credit for everything he did to help out. Now, that Ken Keller guy - now he's a real jerk...

I actually helped Kim do the shlepping and setup for the last one and it was probably one of the best parts of the day. Kim's a good egg.

Wow, the assumptions keep on coming! In fact, Hamer did decline my custom order idea. Any other theories?

-Jonathan

Then it's your prerogative to think he's a swell guy. Did he turn around and build your custom order for someone else six months later?

Here's a fact, not a theory: Jol's OUT at Hamer. And the way he went out leads any reasonable person to conclude that it wasn't amicable or on his terms. Which in turn leads any reasonable person to believe his schtick had worn thin with FMIC.

eidleberg

I had lunch one year with Bill Kaman and Jol so I can verify he was at least one of the luncheons.

Jack Butler

BINGO!!!!!!

you get the prize.

Jol worked for Fender ultimately but his immediate employer was KMC.

Hamer recently took and order for a guitar w/crowns and also an order for a Watson.

So, this is very good news.

It shows that they're listening and doing more of what the customer wants.

Wow, the assumptions keep on coming! In fact, Hamer did decline my custom order idea. Any other theories?

-Jonathan

Then it's your prerogative to think he's a swell guy. Did he turn around and build your custom order for someone else six months later?

Here's a fact, not a theory: Jol's OUT at Hamer. And the way he went out leads any reasonable person to conclude that it wasn't amicable or on his terms. Which in turn leads any reasonable person to believe his schtick had worn thin with FMIC.

This is all an assumption on your part other than the point that he's no longer at Hamer.

you also find it necessary to shoot down anyone who has something nice to say about him

Then by your definition I'm aiming the gun at myself, because I said in this thread that my SuperPro is a masterpiece. I also spoke very highly of all but one of the Hamers I've ever owned. Did you miss that or purposefully not mention it because it doesn't fit with your agenda? You learned well in law school, Jonny Cat, but you're up against an even bigger manipulator of the facts here: a marketing copywriter.

I've never been screwed over on eBay but I've read the accounts of enough people who have to know that eBay sucks. Just because things have been hunky dory for you doesn't mean that's been the case for everyone. Are you unwilling or unable to see outside of the reality you've defined for yourself?

Hey, everything else I've said has gotten mangled, in the Chris-filter, so why stop now? This has been an orthogonal conversation!

To say nothing of what you've done. Project much?

I saw it as a potential marketing tool that Hamer could use

That's where you lost them, probably.

Thanks for the honest post.

Yes, he did some great things at Hamer, but I can see how Jol the personality would toss some people off of the brand. I'm no business major, but few customers like being completely unappreciated.

And I think that speaks volumes for the guitars. People still admire and respect the guitars produced *despite* some of us feeling unappreciated.

The guitars cannot be denied.

The work of Mike Shiskov, Dave Brown and the rest of the extremely talented shop staff is what we appreciate the most.

These guys take our ideas and create jewels that we can play.

All else is just bullshit of varying degrees.

The guitars cannot be denied.

The work of Mike Shiskov, Dave Brown and the rest of the extremely talented shop staff is what we appreciate the most.

These guys take our ideas and create jewels that we can play.

All else is just bullshit of varying degrees.

No Sir,

You take our over excessive ideas, our scattered concept of a C/O and bring it down to earth.

Then translate what we actually need to the craftsmen at Hamer and make the end result far better than we ever could have imagined.

Or at least, in My case you did.

I've seen the half a twenty thread, the Carvin Steve Vai amp thread, the Ed Rechts "Panzy" thread, and a whole bunch of annual summer meltdown threads, but this may well be the most amazing of them all...pass the popcorn...

Yes, he did some great things at Hamer, but I can see how Jol the personality would toss some people off of the brand. I'm no business major, but few customers like being completely unappreciated.

And I think that speaks volumes for the guitars. People still admire and respect the guitars produced *despite* some of us feeling unappreciated.

Well, some people require different amounts of appreciation too I suppose. My mom was telling me once she felt underappreciated at her job and I told her her appreciation was in the paycheck she got every 2 weeks :rolleyes: However, I've never really been accused of being a touchy feely person, so there you go. Plus, when I got into Hamer it had absolutely nothing to do with the company's "mystique". I was just looking for an affordable, used US-made double cut with good upper fret access and Hamer fit the bill in all ways. Compared to the guitars themselves, any other alleged or actual douchiness in the business is secondary. Now, having said that, if I ever see a factory-made Hamer with a rebel flag on it, I will sell all my Hamers! :lol:

-Austin

... Now, having said that, if I ever see a factory-made Hamer with a rebel flag on it, I will sell all my Hamers! :rolleyes:

-Austin

What, you're against states' rights?

Oh, and :lol:

Now, having said that, if I ever see a factory-made Hamer with a rebel flag on it, I will sell all my Hamers! :rolleyes:

About 30 years ago a Hamer Standard was made for Dave Hlubek of Molly Hatchet. It had the Confederate battle flag design. When I met Dave about 10 years ago he said his son owned that guitar. Considering how many of his other guitars got away from him, it is sort of good knowing that guitar is close by. Hopefully the son knows better than to let it back into Dad's hands again or it may disappear.

As far as I know, Duane Roland had his Hamers up to the day he died.

Archived