Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Out of The Living Room, Off to a Jam

In my continuing efforts to get outta the living room, for the first time, I went to a local jam that's held monthly.

It's an open invitation jam, and there were 5 guitars (including me) one keyboard guy, one drummer, no bass player, and one guy on just vocals.

All classic rock stuff... it was fun (but LOUD!)

Anyway, as the "new guy", I commented on the 3 Les Pauls there. One gold top with Firebird pickups and a trem, one '71 that had a headstock repair (his college roommate had kicked it over when it was new!), and one recent one with a really nice flamed top.

Not one word about my Artist Custom. Oh, well. I suppose you're all very familiar with that! They all asked about my Rivera Fandango, though. (Even though some of them had never heard of Rivera).

I know the feeling. I went to a gathering of about 10 guys who all showed up with Ron Thorn guitars. I brought my tort bound Spruce topped Superpro. Everyone one set out their guitars for everyone else to play and I don't think anyone bothered to even glance at my Hamer. I'll admit the Thorns are very cool guitars, but its not like I brought a Squire or something, I brought a beautiful handmade guitar that sounds great.

i think a lot of those lp guys dont want to open a can of worms. " i ll consider my LP the best of the best, so i wont ask about another nice production guitar for fear that itll show me stupid"

i dont mean to come down on any LP guys hear on the forum, but i havent had any good experience with them AT ALL. And further more, the resale value of LP's along with people who dont know dick about guitars are all about les paul, les paul, les paul, les paul, les paul.

im showing my jerk here, but im so balls deep in love with Hamers, that its gonna come out!!!

Not one word about my Artist Custom. Oh, well. They all asked about my Rivera Fandango, though.

Total douchebaggery and not worth the hearing loss of being subjected to blistering levels of "Classic Rock". There is nothing wrong with playing on the couch. There is however a pathetic aspect to many of the "jams" or "gigs" that most of us have to suffer through, I just avoid the indignity and make music at home.

I know the feeling. I went to a gathering of about 10 guys who all showed up with Ron Thorn guitars. I brought my tort bound Spruce topped Superpro. Everyone one set out their guitars for everyone else to play and I don't think anyone bothered to even glance at my Hamer.

What the f**k is a Ron Thorn guitar? Is he Pete's dad? lol!

I checked them out... the same played out Paul Reed Smith and Fender designs. Yawn.

It sounds like you ran into a Ron Thorn street gang. :D

If I would have been there, I would have been humping your Superpro when your back was turned. That axe is SIIIIIIIICK!!!!!!

I will never understand the disdain, indifference and nastiness that many guitar players feel towards the Hamer brand. They can all go and suck one.

That's why we have to always play better than them. You guys both blew their proverbial doors off right?

"That's why we have to always play better than them. You guys both blew their proverbial doors off right?"

Uh, no. My name isn't "Hamerhack" for nothing!

(How do you get just a part of someone's post to be a quote? The whole post comes up when I try to quote someone.)

One gold top with Firebird pickups and a trem

I don't think I've heard or seen of anything like that!

Good job getting out to play. :D

I shoulda mentioned the trem was not original.

Not bustin' chops or anything, just in wonderment about an LP with FB pickups. Has that ever been done on a record? :P

One gold top with Firebird pickups and a trem

I don't think I've heard or seen of anything like that!

Good job getting out to play. :D

I shoulda mentioned the trem was not original.

Not bustin' chops or anything, just in wonderment about an LP with FB pickups. Has that ever been done on a record? :P

Well Neil Young has had a firebird pickup in the bridge of his Les Paul (Old Black) for quite some time. I'd say its been on a few records that have been heard. :)

Archived