Hamer Fan Club Message Center

This ol' man been giggin'

JohnnyB

I joined a band in Feb. this year and we've played out about 6 times this summer. Last Thursday we did an old waterfront dive (est. 1906) in Everett, Washington. Did I say "waterfront dive"? It's within walking distance of the Naval base and across the street from the Longshoremen's union hall.

P1020315.jpg

Here are the four of us making some kind of music.

P1020295.jpg

And here's a closeup of me in action. As you can see from the blur, my incredible speed can't be fully captured.

P1020290.jpg

Is that some kind of "whoopin' stick" that the young lady is holding? A taskmaster perchance? :(

Flute. She has a music degree from Univ. of Alabama. She plays flute breaks and provides vocals and hand percussion.

that looks like a seriously cool vibe kinda place to play...........not much room overhead for cool jumps, is that a garage door next to you there?

BTW...really really cool bass!!

Congrats Johnny! What the hell kind of Tele bass is that?

That's a G&L ASAT Semihollow bass. Mine has a few special order features:

• Clear orange finish over figured ash
  • One-piece body
  • Matching headstock
  • Natural wood (scrape) binding
  • Ebony fingerboard
  • Fretless with fretlines

Here's a better shot of it:

DSCN0069.jpg

Two thoughts:

One, your singer is sexy

As MCChris rightly observed, the singer is the guy with the guitar to the left; Sandra mainly plays flute and provides harmony vocals. She's pretty physically fit for 49.

Two, your drummer plays the smallest kit I've ever seen. It's really cute. lol!

It's the Yamaha Manu Katche Signature Jr. kit. The bass drum is a converted 16x16 with a riser so the pedal beater hits the head at the right spot. Several vendors have similar small kits for coffee shops and small venues. I have a Pearl Rhythm Traveler, which takes even less stage room because the bass is very shallow--8"x20". The Anchor Pub is technically a bit big for that kit, but the drummer also has a drum mic kit which we plugged into the PA, so it was fine. He also has a full-sized Porkpie kit at home.

Archived