Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Special Event - Chicago (10/15-16)

cmatthes

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the even more budget-conscious, there is the Ohio House Motel, a stone's throw or a quick stumble around the corner from the Jam site, and conveniently near the Rock and Roll McDonald's.

Rooms through Hotels.com start at $129 for a single, $139 for a double. It isn't pretty, no view to speak of, but a friend of mine stayed there and said that it was no worse than any other bargain hotel anywhere else in the Country. It can't be any worse than the bullet-hole ridden place I stayed in Anaheim at the last NAMM show! Free parking and free WiFi.

USOM52FD5AB3-4DA1-42E1-84BF-0F2430E6EB6E.jpg

The Congress Plaza is definitely a step up, and is only a few blocks away from the Cliff Dwellers Club, where we're having the luncheon with Paul. Lake views are available, and there are a lot more amenities. Rooms there start at $169+ for a single and $189+ for a double. Parking is $28/day and Internet access is $9.95/24 hr period.

6452_43_b.jpg

If I hear about any other deals, I'll post 'em - if somebody else does, please let us know! Chris Herman is looking into some possible deals, but if that doesn't pan out, either of these wouldn't be a bad back-up plan. Cancellation policies at both seem to be pretty standard and without penalty if you cancel within 48 hours.

Redskins at Soldier Field that weekend.

Good. I'm always looking for a stupid reason to do my acoustic version of Hail To The Redskins. :(

I thought that might catch your attention, Dave. Depending on how many interceptions Jay Cutler has thrown by then, you may be able to score tickets cheap.

Trying to be helpful, not negative :( here.

The Ohio House looks to be completely sold out for October 15-17. Perhaps Chris was able to block some rooms there?

On the other hand, the Trump Tower has a couple of rooms left at $825 per night.

It really is getting very tight. I'm not finding anything within a half mile of the Excalibur other than the Trump and one or two other hotels at astronomical rates.

OK, I found one!

SUITE HOME CHICAGO

1 W Superior Street STE 601 Chicago IL 60654

Phone: 1 312 638 0891

$169 per night plus taxes, parking available at extra charge.

This is an extended stay hotel so the rooms have dishes, a stove and a refrigerator.

It is two blocks from the Excaliber.

Thanks, Dave!!

Just checked in Hotels.com - the Congress Plaza Hotel still has the lower room rate availability, but looks like the Ohio house is out of double rooms and isn't showing up on the other discount sites.

Suite Home Chicago looks like a good call. It is about the same distance from the Jam site as the Ohio House, but in the other direction - very close. Looks a bit nicer than the Ohio House too (not a hard task there!).

I'd say book ASAP if you're going - if Chris H. was able to get some sort of block arrangement, I'll advise here and you can always cancel without penalty. They won't charge you until checkout, so that helps.

Book away - book today!

Nothing formal on the 15th right now - just for people who are coming in from a longer distance and want the extra day to hang in Chicago, do a guitar store tour, etc.

I also found another site that listed availability for the Ohio House on those dates:

http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/awa-ohio-h...r_month=2010-10

Don't know if they guarantee the reservations or not, but it's cheaper than some of the other alternatives in the area.

I'm out. I have a wedding to go to. It will be the first major Chicago event I've missed.

Aw C'mon, Ken! You'll have other weddings, right?! :D

You'll be missed.

If it wasn't a family wedding I'd be tempted. :lol:

I can't make it, sadly for me and maybe not for you guys.

Have fun!

You'll definitely be missed at the Jam.

I'm glad to hear that Curtis is getting some recognition. I always thought he was the George Harrison of Hamer.

I hope you guys have fun. Sadly I can't make it.

That's a great way of putting it, Bob! You'll be missed.

Convinced the missus to visit the States next year, MN is on the cards - I used Shopping potential and "Prince lives there" as the clincher!

Plenty of time to plan it, and would be great to meet some of you lot!

Excellent!

Let me know what time frame you're thinking of. Conrad and I have promised each other we're going to plan a double-golden celebration for our 55th birthdays, which happens next year. There will be some sort of big shindig here in MN for that one, I think, unless I make the trip to Belgium.

I hope you all take lots of video and pics & post 'em.

I can't make it to this great party in Chicago.

And that's just going to SUCK!!

But you guys are going to have a phenominal time!

The entire event will most likely be filmed. Chris H. is working on that part as well!

The entire event will most likely be filmed. Chris H. is working on that part as well!

Please forward Chris this:

http://www.amanaplanacamera.com/

It's Damon from Mother May I. He's a freelance camera guy (works pro gigs).

He's great, but we wouldn't be able to pay him though. I doubt he'd want to "volunteer" his services!

He's great, but we wouldn't be able to pay him though. I doubt he'd want to "volunteer" his services!

Never know 'til you ask. I'm giving away a guitar at the Mother May I show/benefit for drummer Rob, and he may be able to reciprocate.

Let me know if you'd like me to take further action.

Archived