Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Most beautiful Guitar you've ever owned?

BadgerDave

From a purely visual perspective, what's the most incredibly gorgeous instrument you've owned?

I'm going with this Rick 381:

1157831270290_Rick381top3.jpg

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my 93 studio , in every way , from looks to playability to sustain for decades to it's tipping the scales at just over 7 pounds , it is a keeper...........................or at least til i get g.a.s bad enough................. :ph34r::lol::lol:

For me it's a toss-up between my Dragon and my long lost 81 Hamer color graphic Special. I don't even have a pic of the Special to cry over, she's lost to the ages...

2328228520102594917S500x500Q85.jpg

Don't have any pics here at work but everyone knows the guitar. In early 85 while in college I bought the Ibanez DT-555 Collen set neck. Opening the case on that with its shiny black and 3 PU creme goodness used to be a thrill each and every time...and it played (and still plays waaaay fast. it's still my all-time favorite "looker"

But that Rock Neilson Burst on Ebay right now tugs at me the same way every time I see it. My 91' MM EVH Purple Quilt was so beautiful when new before it faded a bit.

From a purely visual perspective, what's the most incredibly gorgeous instrument you've owned?

I'm going with this Rick 381:

1157831270290_Rick381top3.jpg

This one chokes me up a bit. When I was 18 I had a Ric 4001 that had similar cosmetics.

Yours is just awesome! That pic could become some wallpaper...

the one in the sig

I think if I could ever add this to my list of guitars owned I could stop right there. It's been a fave from the first time I saw it here.

Archived