Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Brooks in accident

Rockola

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just talking with Brooks the other week about how I have been in too many accidents and just pretty much hate to drive these days. He ends up doing a lot of driving for his job and is a very skilled motorist.

If he just had a broken rib or two, that would suck but be manageable...

If he just had a broken leg, he'd be fine too...

But it's the broken right hand paired with those two maladies that is what really sux.

He's gonna be in a wheelchair with only the use of his left hand and will be hurting when he breathes.

I have been feeling horrible since I heard the news, Brooks is truly an amazing person.

The good news is that he is strong in spirit and has the necessary drive to complete a full recovery.

He's most likely real doped up because of the damaged floating ribs. He's got a sweet laptop, so he will be able to see just how much everybody cares about him here. You guys are the shit!

I hope that he experiences Wolverine-like healing ability. I'll bet that broken hand will heal and be better than it ever was afterwards...

Now is his chance to perfect his Satriani left handed technique. :lol:

I am alive! Four screws and a plate in my right tibia, four cracked ribs, staples in left shin and temporary tissue damage in my left hand.

I was driving west on Highway 65 (two lane road); a car ahead of me in opposite lane had signal on and stopped to cut across traffic in front of me. I slowed down to 35 and we made eye contact. Car behind her pulled into the shoulder to pass her on the right. He passed her and then made a left directly in front of me. I hit him and flew over his hood, landing on my knees.

Could have ended a lot worst, besides the pain the worst part so far has been the catheter. Thanks for the well wishes.

Cool, Brooks! Thanks for posting, dude.

But you have a whole lot more to do than be hanging on the interwebs. Sorry to hear you had to meet up with a dipwad cager, there's lots of them out there.

Listen to your doc, do your PT (yeah it sucks), get rested, and keep positive.

Be good to yourself!

I do miss your posts, bro....

maaaan this sucks, but all is well that ends well.

...just for the inspiration - on famous Lithuanian basketball player some years ago had a very similar accident - the guy pulled left right through him riding the bike. He was badly injured, missed two seasons, but fully recovered. This year he was a captain of our national basketball team and won bronze in world championship.

Get well soon!

Archived