Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Jol's Website

sw686blue

Jol Dantzig

Mr. Dantzig's signature guitars are built one at a time, by hand. Each example is built to a concept and theme and are available for purchase before, or during construction.

Signature guitars begin at

$16,000 - $24,000

Your concept and theme, or his?

Jol Dantzig

Mr. Dantzig's signature guitars are built one at a time, by hand. Each example is built to a concept and theme and are available for purchase before, or during construction.

$16,000 - $24,000

Your concept and theme, or his?

If I take a wild stab at this, I would have to say his! :lol:

Definitely his. Looks like one of the first may be a little number entitled "The Crow".

Don't know where the pricing model came from, but can't see it working in this economy.

"Here's a look at the hand-made book of sketches, dimensions and ponderings that accompanies each "Signature" guitar that I build. It's a place to draw, doodle and communicate the concept that drives the build. It's a place to record dimensions and ideas. The pages step through the thought process behind my choices—the true back-story that is built into the guitar. This is one that I'm calling "The Crow", and when the instrument is finished, the book is hand-stiched, bound with a beautiful cover of original artwork and goes with the guitar."

Seems geared towards the Guitar Afficiando magazine crowd.

I don't recall any of Billy Duffy's guitars having P90s when I saw them the night before Jol did, then again, I didn't look at his Nash (and he didn't touch it at all). Billy is a Les Paul humbucker guy 95% of the time I believe. The Trons sounded great in the Falcon though!

As for the market for one of anything in that price range-I just don't see it, but whatever. I think it makes things more evident who was driving the bus in the wrong direction at Hamer though.

Nonetheless, I wish anybody great success in this field.

Definitely his. Looks like one of the first may be a little number entitled "The Crow".

Don't know where the pricing model came from, but can't see it working in this economy.

As I used to explain to my kids, If you always think you're too cool for the room, eventually you run out of rooms.

As for the market for one of anything in that price range-I just don't see it, but whatever. I think it makes things more evident who was driving the bus in the wrong direction at Hamer though.

Nonetheless, I wish anybody great success in this field.

Thou speaketh nothing short of the absolute truth.

Jol Dantzig

$16,000 - $24,000

Hope he has fun building them and his order book soon has a waiting list. I'm only sorry I shan't be on it.

Wonder if he'll do a white finish?

For you?

No.

If you were in a signed band?

Maybe.

LOL. Of course he won't build a white for ME! He made that real clear years ago when I ordered one.

This one came after the infamous "Larry R." Standard debacle of 2002 or so - basically, a customer ordered a "refrigerator white" Standard, then blew a gasket and caused a huge uproar when he found/thought he found a couple of flyspecks in the white paint. I never saw the alleged defects, but as legend goes, he apparently created such a stink over it that they bought it back and stopped doing white finishes over mahogany/korina for a while:

Vectorwhitebody.jpg

Of course, since then, there have been a number of white over mahogany/korina guitars, but some people (Poe, Jaye) made their requests during the loosely-structured, oddly-reasoned blackout period.

Archived