Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Chambers and contours

jwhitcomb3

JohnnyB,

You are truly the answer man. What would we all do without you. Serious food for thought. Many thanks.

A Warmoth thinline Tele with Phatcats and contouring and a 24 3/4 neck might be pretty close to a Newport too.. sorta.

A Warmoth thinline Tele with Phatcats and contouring and a 24 3/4 neck might be pretty close to a Newport too.. sorta.

You can get the sound formula even closer by going with a mahogany body and neck, an angled headstock on that 24-3/4" scale neck, and a spruce top, which is a great match with Phat Cats. The way I read it, to get the comfort contours you'd have to start with the chambered Tele body, not the Thinline or Thinline '72. And from there you'd have to specify that they rout it for Phat Cats (or 'buckers)--assuming they would--instead of std. Tele pickups.

tele_hollow_top3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I revived this thread because there was another guitar brand that makes contoured chambered and hollow guitars, but I couldn't remember the name until I saw a post in the "alternatives to Hamer" thread.

That other guitar maker is Jon Kammerer Guitars. Lots of chambered, hollow, and semihollow designs with contours and bevels. Plus he'll build to spec and his prices seem to be reasonable. Here's a hollow bodied electric followed by a cross-section of one of his acoustic bodies showing how he contours a hollow body (or hollows a contoured body):

con036.jpg

jkg%20029.jpg

Archived