Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Whats going on at Hamer?

bruce919

That tells me something right there that something is not right when allot of the original HFC members are not here anymore.

Neither of the two mentioned above were original members. Ted, Serial and Cmatthes, Paults, myself, HamStd, Steve"I was here, too, GUYS!!!!"Haynie and the OTHER originals are still here.

There's a message being sent all right.

I don't like it as it's places like the HFC that passed the Hamer name out and kept loyal while they were overshadowed by PRS, Gibson, etc.

They want to be that way, fine, but they won't be getting my cash unless they straighten out.

You seem to be implying that internet message boards are what kept Hamer afloat for the past 10 years or so. I contend that such an implication is simply asinine and gives WAY too much credit to the HFC and places like it.

Hamer's own marketing/advertising efforts and the work of their dealers DWARF what we do here in terms of exposing the brand to the public.

You seem to be implying that I only specified the HFC.

Perhaps I sould be more specific when I say that.

I meant that word of mouth, or message board, or other less formal forms of communication have kept Hamer alive in the post shread years.

Truth be told is that, I would not have even considered Hamer until a trusted friend let me try his guitar and noticed the quality.

The work of their dealers?

I'd almost laugh at that one as the dealers in my area had Hamer as a well kept secret and pushed people towards the mexi strats and Epi's.

I understand your point, but I believe that Hamer's marketing up until about 03 was quite lax.

I am a first year HFC'er. I think I discovered the HFC within 6 months of its founding. I went online for the first time in April, 1997. I found the HFC by early 1998. I had already made contact with BCR Greg and Kim Keller before the HFC existed.

I am a first year HFC'er.  I think I discovered the HFC within 6 months of its founding.  I went online for the first time in April, 1997.  I found the HFC by early 1998.  I had already made contact with BCR Greg and Kim Keller before the HFC existed.

And none of us like you from that point on.

I KEEED, I KEEED!!!!

triumph.jpg

Maybe if some of the people around here quit acting like infants and THINK before hitting the "Post" button it would reflect better to Hamer... Want to stir shit... go work for a sewer company..... Got an issue with someone... be a MAN and contact them directly...

I'm bummed there will be no open house this year... I had planned on going .. Still I don't blame them a bit for canceling this year... I think a little time to let things cool off after the bannings is a good idea... would you want a bunch of snot nosed bickering kids in your house? I wouldn't....

So friggin' true.

How's this one for ya? I found the HFC through the Hamer website! Remember the circling eyeball around the import T51? So, had it not been for Hamer, I'd have never known about the HFC LOL!

Maybe if some of the people around here quit acting like infants and THINK before hitting the "Post" button it would reflect better to Hamer... Want to stir shit... go work for a sewer company..... Got an issue with someone... be a MAN and contact them directly...

I'm bummed there will be no open house this year... I had planned on going .. Still I don't blame them a bit for canceling this year... I think a little time to let things cool off after the bannings is a good idea... would you want a bunch of snot nosed bickering kids in your house? I wouldn't....

I couldn't agree more, except that the lack of an open house this year is not due to anything that happened on this or any other website.

Personally, I really dig a lot of what they're doing lately. Not for everybody, maybe, but then again what company is? How many PRS options are you going to find in the same price range as an equivalent Hamer? (think about that one for a few minutes...). Do I think they increase their prices too frequently? Who doesn't? However, if they can still sell their guitars, they're obviously appealing to SOMEBODY. I don't personally think that they'll be able to sustain a target of the top-end buyers only, because those guys typically get in, go crazy for a while and get out, moving on to something else - I've seen it with almost every other high-end brand at some time. A guy who wants a '59 LP will not be 100% satisfied with a Hamer, a PRS, Huber, McInturff, you name it. He (or she) will come closest with a Gibson reissue of that guitar (or a pricey forgery). On the other hand, a player who has always lusted after a Korina Vee will probably be very happy with a Hamer Korina Vector - maybe even more so than if that person had plunked down 1/2 a fortune on a Gibby reissue. I don't claim to know all about this market, but know what I've seen over the last 25+ years and have a basic understanding of how things/trends go.

Fender is an entirely different animal and offers something at every price point, but I can't really compare that to what Hamer does. Gibson is fairly close as far as style of guitar offered, but again - will you find an equivalent Gibson in the same price range? Sometimes, sometimes not. It's a PERSONAL choice - what I like, you may not like and vice-versa. That doesn't make one company bad or better or anything, just DIFFERENT. If you like it, great. If not, find something that fits you better, don't bitch about it - buy what makes you happy.

I don't think it's all that unusual that Hamer hasn't updated the website in a few months - it often went for far longer periods of time without new content. I'd rather have them focusing on production (working on a guitar for ME!), new stuff, NAMM shows, vacation for the staff than updating the website every month, but that's MY OPINION - it doesn't have to be yours!

While I was at the Stones concert last Friday (East Hartford) I met Frank Untermyer. He was right in front of me while we were in line waiting to get drinks. Because the place was so crowed and the line was barely moving we spent the next ½ hour talking about guitars, Connecticut, family, and the cancelled Hamer factory tour.

He mentioned that he wasn’t happy about the decision to cancel the tour this year. Through comments made it sounded like there were political reasons for the cancellation. On the bright side he made mention that next year the tour would resume.

I met Frank at the HFC tours through out the years but never had a chance to speak to him in length. Very nice guy.

I couldn't agree more, except that the lack of an open house this year is not due to anything that happened on this or any other website.

Maybe so... but it still wouldn't hurt treating each other with a bit more respect .... Either way the poop-fling-fest this year still reflects badly.... and who would want to give up a day of production for that...

But hey.... if keeping working an extra day gets my guitar done faster.... then damnit... work on gentlemen! ha ha ha

Conjecture is smoke.

They know the reasons, nobody else does.

I, for one, wouldn't mind having you guys seeing my Designer guitar in progress, because you'll all crap your pants!

Next year, we'll do it again and all will be forgotten. I've been to every one and don't plan on missing any.

Maybe so... but it still wouldn't hurt treating each other with a bit more respect .... Either way the poop-fling-fest this year still reflects badly....

Blow it out your ass, Peso.

While I was at the Stones concert last Friday (East Hartford) I met Frank Untermyer. He was right in front of me while we were in line waiting to get drinks. Because the place was so crowed and the line was barely moving we spent the next ½ hour talking about guitars, Connecticut, family, and the cancelled Hamer factory tour.

He mentioned that he wasn’t happy about the decision to cancel the tour this year. Through comments made it sounded like there were political reasons for the cancellation. On the bright side he made mention that next year the tour would resume.

I met Frank at the HFC tours through out the years but never had a chance to speak to him in length. Very nice guy.

I find Frank U to be absolutely hilarious! Love his Ovation tour.

Maybe so... but it still wouldn't hurt treating each other with a bit more respect .... Either way the poop-fling-fest this year still reflects badly....

Behind the dumpster at lunch boobie -boy!

How's this one for ya? I found the HFC through the Hamer website! Remember the circling eyeball around the import T51? So, had it not been for Hamer, I'd have never known about the HFC LOL!

Yeah, I remember that. I was a lurker, even asked a few questions in the early days. Hamer freaks!

I'm also a early member and there still is a bunch of us around. Keep in mind that Hamer has been very supportive of this board during some pretty ugly times. I'm sure many of you remember some of the big flame wars that went on which had to be pretty embarassing for Hamer. They give us a great product and service is all we can really expect afterall they are running a business, everything else is gravy.

Behind the dumpster at lunch boobie -boy!

Take it to the sub-basement...that's where it goes down!

I find Frank U to be absolutely hilarious! Love his Ovation tour

Just don't make any "shower" cracks, David!

Guest Buck Dharma
The real issue is that other than this board not many people care or know about Hamer guitars. They should treat all of you loyal fans great because if it wasn't for me seeing people from the HFC play I would have never bought one. I used to go see Nightwolf play at a local place and I saw a few HFC reunion shows. The people who turned me on to Hamer aren't even on this board anymore Nightwolf and Alpep. That tells me something right there that something is not right when allot of the original HFC members are not here anymore.

I disagree with what I feel is a very myopic and self-centered view of the situation.

I don't know what that means but give me a hit of that.

Hmmm, :)

When I was getting updates on my Artist Custom BirdsEye, both Dave MacMillan and Frank Rindone were saying that Jol was in charge of the "pictures for the website" and that he was running behind these days.

I was hoping to see my Artist BE in the Designer Gallery but I guess I'll have to wait and see when/if Jol catches up (and if they think it's worthy).

I know that I am fairly new here but I think you guys maybe reading to much into this. Maybe they are just really busy? :D

Guest Buck Dharma

I don't know if you are referring to me in this or not. But I am not sticking up for anyone or do I care about the past bickering. I just come to this website to share and get information just like all the other websites I go to. I could care less about what Hamer does. The "I've been here longer than you stuff is just ridiculous on this site" who cares. I think it's great that dealars are here that can answer questions and sell stuff that people need. But the boy's club stuff is very childish.

Archived