Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Help me find my son

I could use some help. This past weekend my son went off with his mother (we're divorced) to Bay St.Louis, Mississippi. I went fishing in Lake Ponchartrain Saturday morning only to return to evacuation orders. I spoke with my ex around noon, and I was set to go and retrieve him where ever he was , but she assured me that they would take care of themselves and she would make sure he was okay throughout the duration. I don't think either of us really thought it would turn out this bad, and assumed I could get him back a day or two after. Cell service is sucking eggs right now, and I can't dial long distance from my house. Consequently, I have no clue if they are okay, or their whereabouts. I don't even know if they evacuated. All I have is her cell number, and I can't get through.

I'm trying to keep positive about this, but as time wears on, my worry level continues to rise. I'm not sure if I should post the phone number here, so please e-mail me for the contact info and offer any other advice you may have, here in this thread.

Thanks in advance,

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Consequently, I have no clue if they are okay, or their whereabouts. I don't even know if they evacuated. All I have is her cell number, and I can't get through.

Even though it's probably the cell service, I would be out of my mind.

You're in our prayers Mark.

Hey cajunboy,i can't say i know what your going through right now,but i'm sure they're o.k. bud.Kinda make's you feel helpless being in another country.sw686blue,nice one guy,can anyone else help this brother?

martin

Hey cajunboy,i can't say i know what your going through right now,but i'm sure they're o.k. bud.Kinda make's you feel helpless being in another country.sw686blue,nice one guy,can anyone else help this brother?

martin

I'm sure they are fine but the not knowing can drive you mad. I have an 11 month old girl and would go insane if I didn't know if she or her mother were fine.

This is the least that anyone can do.

Hey Cajunboy,

Go to this website. They are helping to locate family members.

http://www.nokr.org/nok/restricted/home.htm

That's the National Next of Kin Registry. They say "If you have someone missing in the Hurricane Katrina Disaster areas please register their information today, at NOKR."

I hope that helps.

Mark:

Not sure if you've been able to check email, but my wife mentioned that the news today also recommended checking/posting craigslist.com (LA). Per the news story, they have been able to locate/connect close to 800 people in the storm area since the weekend.

Good luck, man - we're all pulling for ya.

Saw this at the KALB.com website:

"If you have a relative in Bay St. Louis, Gulfshore or Bilox area and have not heard from them we suggest you try to go to www.wlox.com . This television station in the area has a "find a lost relative" area."

Also, I came across this paragraph at this online news report describing the current state of Bay St. Louis:

"They suggest the best method of trying to contact friends and family is by HAM radio as there is no power, no landline phone service or cell phone service. There is a HAM radio operator stationed at WLOX; call sign is WX5AAA."

"They suggest the best method of trying to contact friends and family is by HAM radio as there is no power, no landline phone service or cell phone service. There is a HAM radio operator stationed at WLOX; call sign is WX5AAA."

CB, I have a few friends here who are licensed Ham operators. Call me if you want to try this.

Chris

Guest galejt

Here is another idea. It worked for us in Kazakstan when the cell would not.

Text message

Cellphone users who share the 504 area code have had difficulty contacting each other in the aftermath of the hurricane. Here's a solution: Text message family and friends to stay in touch.

Believe me, gang, if there was any way me, CB and fooder could go physically look for his son and wife, we would. But access to the damaged areas are closed off to EVERYONE except emergency personnel.

Hot-wiring an ambulance is out of the question too - we already thought of that. Most of them are behind the damage lines already.

Hey Cajun Boy,

Keep us posted. I hope they did what they said and just moved out of harms way.

Hamerica

Hot-wiring an ambulance is out of the question too - we already thought of that. Most of them are behind the damage lines already.

Guys I know you're probably a little too wound up to consider the humor in that image. The vision of the three of you driving a hot-wired ambulance into the thick of things seems right out of a Jim Jarmuch movie. The likely side adventures would/could fill a book.

Hang in there guys and let us know when you hear from them.

Archived