Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Ouch !

belgian

I just don't get Slash.. people keep telling me he's this great guitar player.. can he really play?

Slash has played some nice solos in his music. He may not be a shredder like Yngwie Malmsteen, but he does have a knack for well placed notes.

And...Yngwie has no talent for well placed notes but can shred those arpeggios. Shred does not = talent. I have always favored the more melodic style player. JMHO

About that video, some people should stay in their bedrooms. If you get so nervous playing in front of people you freeze and lose track, do the world a favor, don't do it.

Why did he just stand there, He could have at least slapped back. As far as Slash goes I agree when I was young I was not very impressed but as He and I got older i appreciate what he does. I used to believe the faster you played the better you were. I was wrong.

That guitarist should've started doing rhythm instead of digging his grave deeper with crappy lead playing...but NOOOOOO.... :o:huh:

My fave:

Another reason why Teles are popular :lol: , besides Keef only needs 5 tuners anyway (watch the Slash video closely, his LP loses a tuner in the fall...not good).

Well, You can say what you want about Slash, but he did a goodthing to stay cool and act mature.

I like that Slash got more tone, he did some nice stuff, but is not a player like Yngwie. The only thing with Yngwie and that kinda players is that you wanna hear something else after 10 minutes.

Other then people like Paul Gilbert, who got more on his sleeve

Jeroen

Slash has played some nice solos in his music. He may not be a shredder like Yngwie Malmsteen, but he does have a knack for well placed notes.

Don't mean to hijack the thread but Slash is one of my fave guitar players. I realize it;s like saying my favorite food is a chocolate bar ... but I don't care, I think he looks the part, plays the role and on top of that, I really dig is occasional slopppy style... Like compare the guit solos for Welcome to Sweet Child. My fave slash solo is that first little 10 second solo in Knockin'.

And about the public slap in the back of the head, if someone did that to me in front of everyone that would be absolute hell to pay. That would flick the switch and I would definately react and do something I will later regret. Come on guys, I can't be alone here right?

Archived