Hamer Fan Club Message Center

New Whitesnake

Pure swagger, essentially the sound of pulling your dick out and waving it around.

When I perform said maneuver,

plays. :)

plays when I perform said maneuver...

Was listening to it this morning while driving to the office. It does work as casual listening and the solos are great, but IMHO Whitesnake's best times are long gone. In short, get this album only if you are a Whitesnake completist and/or have 15 bucks to throw away -it still is a pretty decent release with excellent production anyway.

I've been spinning this for a few weeks now and have to say IMO that as a whole, it compares well with anything they have ever done, past or present. The last one was pretty damn good but, this one is much better. Sure Coverdale has a diminished range but for the most part stays well within his capabilities on this one. Even so, I think he still sounds great and every song on here here is strong. Everyone I know that has heard it has had similar things to say, strong from start to finish. Unlike some of the older material, I don't find myself skipping over any tunes on this one.

It's certainly a grower! Still soaking it all up and enjoying it. Alot of it really reminds me of Doug's band Burning Rain who did some great stuff in the mid 90's before he joined Dio then 'Snake

Well, I might have to give some more spinning time to it. My first impression was the solos were great, but the songs... just ok. Will give it another try at the office today.

Archived