Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Putting HAMER back on the metal map

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o-->

QUOTE(David B @ Mar 12 2011, 10:54 AM)

Nice job man! Mercyful Fate meets Rob Halford.

yeah, i hear that.

great video! did i read right that you guys formed ~30 years ago?!

The new version of "Save us from those who would save us" is in YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJqCnk3YUC4 --it should be legal, as the track is free for download, right Kev? --BTW, I love your gay singer's voice. :o

I've spun this video several times since you gave us an early preview a few weeks back. Sounds classic but not dated. Top notch work all the way around and tight as .. HELL! :o Best of luck to you guys, hope the new disk does well.

My band's new video hit YouTube yesterday - around 22 hours ago, to be exact. More than 11,000 hits and almost 300 comments already can't be wrong. But be warned - we're a band who provoke quite a strong reaction - you'll either love us or hate us, and the nature and language used by some posters is a little savoury, to say the least.

Enjoy.......

I like. Do I hear any King Diamond influence from anyone? Very well produced with excellent musicians.

Are the drums live acoustic or sampled?

loving it. Haven't heard this quality metal in many years... Was a fan of king diamond et al 15 years ago and absolutely like what I hear. Well done and thanks for headups!

I'm not much of a metal fan, BUT I'm a HUGE fan of anybody who's out there working their thing, and kickin some arse.

where the hell is "LIKE!" button when I need it?

Kick Ass.

The lyrics are probably an obstacle for me.

Otherwise, I really like the music. The vocals fit the songs, and unlike some bands, the voice actually fits the singer's appearance.

But like I said, the lyrics keep me from wanting to purchase.

Got any instrumental albums?

I love you guys, thanks very much to all of you - it means a lot, especially as I only posted it on here because of our shared love for Hamers and I'm proud of the fact that I'm wearing one out there in a band which looks like it's maybe going somewhere. Anyways, there are a few questions and answers and you'll know who they're meant for;

Lyrical content - I'm genuinely sorry to the forum member the lyrics upset, because your beliefs and views are very much respected. Please understand that we're like actors performing a show - in exactly the same way that Sir Anthony Hopkins doesn't really eat peoples livers with fava beans and a nice Chianti. FFFFFFFF!! and the whole thing's very much tongue in cheek. I did indicate a kind of warning on the original post (not an excuse), but you have my apologies again. It's not intended to offend, just to entertain.

The drums are mostly acoustic, but there are some triggered samples mixed in there as well, layered underneath the 'real' drums. Those interested in recording should check out an interview podcast (myself and producer Andy Sneap) being aired by www.rockchoice.com sometime soon - we talked about the recording and production quite a lot.

The free Amazon download is 100% legitimate. The HELL track is part of a sampler which has been issued by Nuclear Blast as a promotional item.

Guitar levels etc. - you're right - but please remember you're listening to highly compressed mp3 and mpeg4 format files which are being streamed. The multi-band limiting on these always sucks out the high end and upper mids, and this is the reason why some of the levels sound a little strange. The original CD sounds absolutely killer.

Thanks again to all, best wishes

edited to add - I forgot to mention that the Amazon sampler is only available for free download in the US.

I love you guys, thanks very much to all of you - it means a lot, especially as I only posted it on here because of our shared love for Hamers and I'm proud of the fact that I'm wearing one out there in a band which looks like it's maybe going somewhere. Anyways, there are a few questions and answers and you'll know who they're meant for;

Lyrical content - I'm genuinely sorry to the forum member the lyrics upset, because your beliefs and views are very much respected. Please understand that we're like actors performing a show - in exactly the same way that Sir Anthony Hopkins doesn't really eat peoples livers with fava beans and a nice Chianti. FFFFFFFF!! and the whole thing's very much tongue in cheek. I did indicate a kind of warning on the original post (not an excuse), but you have my apologies again. It's not intended to offend, just to entertain.

The drums are mostly acoustic, but there are some triggered samples mixed in there as well, layered underneath the 'real' drums. Those interested in recording should check out an interview podcast (myself and producer Andy Sneap) being aired by www.rockchoice.com sometime soon - we talked about the recording and production quite a lot.

The free Amazon download is 100% legitimate. The HELL track is part of a sampler which has been issued by Nuclear Blast as a promotional item.

Guitar levels etc. - you're right - but please remember you're listening to highly compressed mp3 and mpeg4 format files which are being streamed. The multi-band limiting on these always sucks out the high end and upper mids, and this is the reason why some of the levels sound a little strange. The original CD sounds absolutely killer.

Thanks again to all, best wishes

edited to add - I forgot to mention that the Amazon sampler is only available for free download in the US.

FWIW, I wasn't offended by the lyrics; they are just an obstacle to me for the same reason I prefer Jackie Chan movies to slasher flicks, or the reason I never watched "Lost" or the "Survivor" shows: taste. Some things just aren't entertaining to me, but that doesn't mean I think there's anything wrong with it.

But you guys clearly have talent. The people who like that sort of thing will LOVE your stuff. You got plenty of talent.

And I actually did like the video. I thought it was very professional, and there were lots of little touches that added to the effect for me. I didn't turn it off, and enjoyed watching it once. But once was enough.

Well, in my own case I also love the lyrics. It's the kind of shocking stuff I really dig, and they are in addition quite thought-provoking --not grindcore or that kind of stupidity.

As of King Diamond influences go, it probably is the other way around... or maybe they just influenced each other, as HELL was contemporary with Mercyful Fate.

Kevin, How'd you learn to do the Carnival firing blowing thing?

We've always done a lot of firebreathing as part of the show, and I've done it for so long now I can't really remember how/when I learned. there are some pretty good videos on YT which show you how to do it - but it's one of those things like guitar playing - you can be shown a hundred times but until you do it for yourself it's never going to happen;

(there are a whole series of these dealing with the correct fuel to use, mouth technique, all the right stuff. And she's a pretty hot chick as well :o )

Caveat is of course to say that it's DANGEROUS. Take ALL the right safety precautions, and do not (in any way, shape or form) take this reply as an encouragement to go try it and burn yourself.

Best wishes buddy

Edited to add - There are lots of YT videos which show idiots doing it very wrongly and very dangerously.

You guys are very good. It reminds of the older school british metal with an extra modern edge. Not exactly my cup of tea, but there's no doubt you guys have talent. Great guitar and bass work. Overall just great technicality.

Maybe this would be a good separate thread, but I'd like to hear your comments on your live/recording setup, if you use other guitars to record besides the Standard, etc.

Caveat is of course to say that it's DANGEROUS. Take ALL the right safety precautions, and do not (in any way, shape or form) take this reply as an encouragement to go try it and burn yourself.

+100000... One guy tried to show off with this and burnt the venue down to the ground.

Archived