Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Tell us about your screen name

chap

Tambien es mi nombre.

FWIW, "Sentinel" was actually the short story by Arthur C. Clarke that begat 2001: A Space Odyssey, and Oldfield reportedly knew about that connection. I actually prefer Tubular Bells 2 to the original. The live version on Exposed (based on the first version) was brilliant.

:o:D

Dont get me wrong. I am a fan of almost all forms of the Batman franchaise. Even fell off a 15 ft. roof at the age of 5 the Summer of '66 wearing my Batman helmet and a Blue towel. Broke BOTH my wrists and my Left elbow doing that stunt. :blink::):D:D:o

I thought about it when I started surfing the net in early '98 about how folks chose lil nicknames on differant things. I was talking with a friend as he was watching Wheel Of Fortune or as I like to call it Wheel of Torture. I somehow came up with the combination after watching them spell out Superman IIRC. Which led to B_TM_N and then I said But That's My Name and "BING" there it was.

Life IS Good! ;)

Bubs evolved from my childhood nickname and 42 was the my number that I had on all my jersey's in school. I've had this on my Truck Plates and use it for all my internet screen names. I've wanted to dump it for years but its stuck for so long that its part of me know.

"Serial" was already taken.

Dewey Finn was Jack Black's character in School of Rock. I used to play in a band with a guy who would solo endlessly in every song and do crazy shit on stage. We started calling him Dewey Finn and as a joke I used it every time I joined a forum.

Bump for LadyScary, Promax (the cali price regulators XD), Nathan of Brain Fertilizer. Though I don't see LS post in general forum much.

Someone put a tiger striped natural cali for sale and get him to come here!

when our granddaughter started to talk, for some reason she called my wife and myself Bet and Rah. when she saw us, she said hi Bet and hi Rah. when our grandson started to talk, he heard this as Hibet and Hirah. so it stuck ever since. they still call us Hibet and Hirah.

HRTATAK is the license plate that I put on the meanest of the Mustangs that I own. In Illinois you can have a maximum of 7 letters on a car plate. It means heart attack. The best way to stop a heartbeat(Chevy). :blink:

The plate has been on a Vortech supercharged 90 Saleen since 94; but was recently transferred to a stupid BIG horsepower KB'd 07 Shelby GT500. I also have a 84 SVO.

I hate to think of how many Stangs that I have owned through the years. Most of the time I will have 3 and sometimes up to 6. If ya own several of them, then at least one of them is running. :)

"Crowth"......

The root of my surname derived from the old Welsh musical instrument the crwth,

an archaic stringed musical instrument. Surname defined: "One who plays the crwth".

"145"......

Of course refers to the basic chord progression 1-4-5 or I-IV-V.

:)

In college I played in a blues band and played alot of slide.

When the band did it's introductions, the singer started calling me slip and would call out for me to do something slippery with the slide.

I started doing a beer bottle solo every night and it all eveolved into slipbeer.

That was close to 35 years ago and I still run into people once and a while who only know me as slip or slipbeer.

In college I played in a blues band and played alot of slide.

When the band did it's introductions, the singer started calling me slip and would call out for me to do something slippery with the slide.

I started doing a beer bottle solo every night and it all eveolved into slipbeer.

That was close to 35 years ago and I still run into people once and a while who only know me as slip or slipbeer.

Another slide guy! Cool!

HRTATAK is the license plate that I put on the meanest of the Mustangs that I own. In Illinois you can have a maximum of 7 letters on a car plate. It means heart attack. The best way to stop a heartbeat(Chevy). :D

The plate has been on a Vortech supercharged 90 Saleen since 94; but was recently transferred to a stupid BIG horsepower KB'd 07 Shelby GT500. I also have a 84 SVO.

I love you, man. :):blink::D

well i couldn't sign with my usual forum name....

Then "Blue" was quite gender neutral at first

BlueRedWhite are the colors of my original country flag ( and i shared that with a few other countries i guess)

My name comes from the TV show Seinfeld (I probably don't have to say this to most of you...). It was an episode where George's dad was trying to calm down so he was told to say Serenity Now to take it down a few RPM's ...well he quickly would change from trying to be calm while saying it to who he apparently naturally was, a wound up kind of guy, by yelling it at the top of his lungs; SERENITY NOW, SERENITY NOW!!

Anyway, I could relate to trying to strive for serenity but only being too human to find it consistently.

I was "ZR" before a long while back and that was based on me starting on msg boards back before 14,400k (yes K) dial-up modems were the super fast ones on the block! I started on motorcycle boards and I had a Kawi ZR 750 Zephyr...now I have a Ducati Monster...which I just bent both rims on yesterday!! : (

Archived