Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Tell us about your screen name

chap

Well, Michael Thorn. I'm not very creative. I have been asked about my avatar (maybe there's a thread for that). It's my son, Brandon in a Rob Zombie moment with the wind to his back at the beach.

• 2 months later...

Mine has 2 sources-

1) Diablo175 is the name of parachute I used to jump- Aerodyne Diablo175, as in, 175 square feet of canopy

2) Obvious reference to my then fave Hamer guitar- Diablo

Was going to be Johnny Ramone but I was on a Thunders jag when I signed-up.

I made an error when registering for the forum (just as Jim Browne, Sr. did when he saddled me with such a generic name, I guess)!

I have a username, that I use when I sign in, and I thought that it was going to be my screen name.

So much for anonymity (but I've got nothing to hide, anyway).

Mine: I drive about 24 years all kinds of Ford Capri...

_wsb_580x435_fahrerseite.jpg

Those were crazy fun cars!!!

My first car. Didn't want it but my dad got a deal from a (crooked) dealer friend of his. Hell, you can't complain about a car as a 16 year old. The stories. Turns out the entire rear end side panels were bondo. Fell off after a small bump. The tire sidewalls were old and soft and the car would shimmy and shake when I went around a corner. And I let my brother drive it to the store and when he came back the shifter was pulled out of the floorboard. Turns out the threads were neoprene rubber and it would never thread back in and stay.

One of my oldest and still best friends still remembers the first time he rode with me to a skateboard park.

Pink floyd blaring on the stereo. Front wheels shaking on every curve so I would drive straight, turn quick, then straight then turn to make it around corners, all the while the shifter would come out of the floor board and I would have to try to stick it back in while driving.

I'm still surprised when I realized that he keep riding with me for nearly a year in this car.

Archived