Hamer Fan Club Message Center

New Foo Fighters CD...

• 1 month later...

My daughter picked up the vinyl Wasting Light at a record show yesterday. Packaging and sound are VERY cool!

The boy picked up a Lady Gaga picture disc. (!)

My daughter picked up the vinyl Wasting Light at a record show yesterday. Packaging and sound are VERY cool!

The boy picked up a Lady Gaga picture disc. (!)

I got it on vinyl. It's a double that spins on 45. Sounds fab! I compared it to The Color and the shape which I also have on vinyl. It's a much cheaper pressing, the difference in sound quality is HUGE between the two.

HUGE FF fan here, but....

Disappointed in this CD. I bought it at Best Buy for $9.99. I've listened and listened to it in the car and nothing catches my ear besides "Rope." YMMV.

I've listened and listened to it in the car and nothing catches my ear besides "Rope." YMMV.

Those were my findings as well. And I really have tried hard to get into this rekkerd too.

Give it a chance-the first time I heard it (streaming on their site), I found it disjointed and difficult to follow. Of course, I was only listening to parts and FFing thru most of the tracks. I watched the documentary on making the album and it not only made sense, but started to blow me away. The more I listen to it

The more I like it.

I do think it's good.

I wishyouwereheretoseeit!

"Dear Rosemary" is great. I also love the QOTSA "Songs For the Deaf" nods on there.

Love the CD. Rosemary rules - especially after seeing Grohl and Bob Mould laying down the vocs in the documentary.

What Jack said.

The part about him having to take his daughter out to the pool to splash around while Bob did his parts was cool. Heavily edited or a "reality" set up? I don't know, and I don't care. It made good viewing!

Archived