Hamer Fan Club Message Center

For Sale: 97 Mirage II MapleTop

This may be a mistake, but I cannot go another day without a Standard. 24.75" scale be damned! The second guitar I ever had was a Lotus (remember those guys?) Explorer copy and I still have a thing for that shape. :D

One of my two guitars has to go to fund this purchase, and since I could never sell my Californian:

1997 Mirage II

Kool Blue

Bridge PU - Dimarzio Breed

Neck PU - Air Classic

(I also have the covered JB/59 combo -$50)

Schaller locking tuners (not Sperzels)

OHSC

Issues:

Light Hameritis (see pic)

Some ultra-light pick scratches, but what guitar that gets played doesn't have some?

Pinhead sized dent in clearcoat only on top that I was unable to capture in pics.

Waiting for someone to sell me a whammy bar to replace the one I misplaced.

What more can I say about these guitars that hasn't already been said (Shaddup Rechts :blink: )? The people who have 'em, love 'em. I love mine.... but lust is getting the better of me.

$800 shipped CONUS Payable by Postal MO, please

See pics, large and small Mirage Pics

MirageFlashSmall01.jpg

Guest johnQ-ball

If you do not find a buyer. Please consider a trade for my Gibson Chet Atkins SST.

I ahve an ad running on this board. I have just become a big fan of Hamer and I own 4 of them. I'm trading all else to get more. I had a Mirage II before and I know what you mean about the Fender scale thing. But I still wish I didn't get rid of it.

Thanks,

John Quinn ([email protected])

570-383-3291 #3142

I am in PA.

Guest johnQ-ball

If you are refering to my Gibson Chet Atkins and not the Hamer Mirage, my

SST has no fretwear. There is only light pic scratching from playing which

is an easy buff out. The plastic is still on back plate.

I am located in Archbald, PA. I've traded over 33 times with musician's on line.

Thanks,

John Quinn [email protected]

570-383-3291 #3142 work til' 5pm

570-876-2591 home after 6pm

I don't have computer/email access at home.

Somebody buy this Mirage! I got it from BCR, used it for about a year, traded it back and now Lockbody has it. It's a GREAT axe, though LB did the right thing by replacing the Duncan p/u combo with the DiMarzios. I'm sure it sounds great.

Where are you located?

What condition are the frets in?

Sorry to be so late geting back to everyone, but I don't work in a office so I don't normally have access to internet during the day.

John,

Thanks for the offer, but if you don't have a Standard Custom for sale right now, I'm not taking trades. Good luck on your sale, though.

Marc,

I'm located in Birmingham, Alabama.

Frets are in good shape. No issues.

David,

Guitar is 8lbs 4oz on the ol' Health o' Meter beam scale we have. Lighter than my Daytona I used to have.

How does the neck size/profile compare on a Mirage to other Hamers?

Larry,

While not even close to a shredder neck, it's nowhere as thick as most newer Hamers. My P90 Artist Mahogany (Vanguard) was way too fat for my tastes.

I'd call it a "small medium C" with a fairly flat fingerboard radius.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived