Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Ted Nugent

Hi,

Toby Keith was in town last night, as since his guitarist is a Valvetech user, I got my yearly free tickets and passes for the show. Got some great pics that will be one the wesite soon.

This year Ted Nugent was the opener, and I dont give a shit about what you think of the guys politics ( and the right wing agenda was in full force all night !) he can play his ass off, and his band is just 3 piece, and even when Ted was doing his famous exended guitar solos it still sounded full. The guy has that great signature midrangey tone with the gibson hollowbody, not so good with the tiger striped PR$

Great White Buffalo is still one of my all time favorite guitar riffs.

He's gettin a bit long in the tooth but he still sounds like he did in 78,the first time I saw him in the same arena.

Rob

A friend let me take home a Byrdland one night. The friend loves jazz and Chet Atkins. I wanted to see what the Byrd could do. I tried it for its intended purpose and then I cranked the amp.

We know that ten different people can play the same guitar and each person will get his own sound. That being said, the Byrdland is a BIG part of Ted Nugent's tone.

I know what your saying about mixing politics. I think the right and the left should just shut up and play.

I love his tone. I have his latest album and he still tears it up. Some of the stuff is a little corny/racey for me now...Pussywhipped is one of his new songs...not that great. There is an instrumental at the end of the CD that harkens back to his early work. Overall a good CD.

Some of the lyrics are...umm interesting.

"My baby loves my butter on her grits, she cant get enough of my jam, and when my baby goes lookin for double trouble, she knows damn well where I am" :blink:

Hi,

Toby (as always) was kick ass country. I also had a press/photo pass to get right in front of the stage with the concert video guys to take the pics for my website. Got great shots of Ted and Toby and Joey. Really cool people. He did all his standards( love this bar ,little more action american soldier) but one of the best parts was the "bus songs segment". The first concert set I EVER saw with fukkin URINALS on it !!!!

Rob

That double bill sound like more of a political rally than a concert lol.

I saw Ted a couple years back with ZZ Top and it was proof that age is a state of mind. Ted tore it up, not just from a chops standpoint but he still has a fire under his ass that a lot of rock players around his age just don't have anymore, hell even a lot of guys a lot younger don't have it.

I knew full well going what most of the between song banter was gonna be and even though Ted's POV aint mine I didn't care, the dude rocks and that's all that matters. What I didn't dig was the really drunk guy sittting in front of me(really drunk and by himself)acting as Ted's cheerleader turning around and trying to get everyone else to stand up and cheer for everything outta Ted's mouth and also trying to solicit high fives(one of my biggest pet peeves) from everybody at arms reach.

That double bill sound like more of a political rally than a concert lol.

I saw Ted a couple years back with ZZ Top and it was proof that age is a state of mind. Ted tore it up, not just from a chops standpoint but he still has a fire under his ass that a lot of rock players around his age just don't have anymore, hell even a lot of guys a lot younger don't have it.

I knew full well going what most of the between song banter was gonna be and even though Ted's POV aint mine I didn't care, the dude rocks and that's all that matters. What I didn't dig was the really drunk guy sittting in front of me(really drunk and by himself)acting as Ted's cheerleader turning around and trying to get everyone else to stand up and cheer for everything outta Ted's mouth and also trying to solicit high fives(one of my biggest pet peeves) from everybody at arms reach.

Hmmm...a drunk guy at a rock concert...you dont see that everyday...no wait.... :blink:

Hmmm...a drunk guy at a rock concert...you dont see that everyday...no wait.... :blink:

The prices they charge for beer at those damn ampitheaters I can't belive anyone can afford to get shitfaced at a Clear Channel shed show. Seriouslly though I know folks get big ol buzzes at shows but this turkey was WASTED and trying to interact with strangers, not good especially since he was a goddamn highfiver :D

LOVE the Nuge!

Saw him in '78 at a stadium concert in the pouring rain, which was a good thing because he was on fire!

If there is one thing that drives me crazy about him it's the whistle sound he makes when he says a word with an S in it. It drives me to distraction!

So, what other hollow-body guits did Ted use? I dont think I can afford a Gibson Byrdland plus they dont have the Florentine cutaway anymore. Also didnt he use Fender amps back in the day. I would like to try and get that Wango tone... :blink:

Uncle Ted, My boy! One of the Hardest Rawking guitar players around. Gives everything when he plays 99.99% of the times I have seen him since the first time in '77. Been a fan since I heard him the year before. I always go see him but I am not in the same county politics wise with him or a lot of folks for that matter. This is a shot of Ted at an Orlando date with ZZ Top June 2003. That was a great show. Tommy Aldridge on drums and a guy I only know as Barry. I saw him with Dokken earlier that year. Cool player.

The mellow song at the end of Craveman was written by Marco Mendez Ted's Bass player off and on. He and Barry are pals.

post-2-1110586909_thumb.jpg

Uncle Ted, My boy! One of the Hardest Rawking guitar players around. Gives everything when he plays 99.99% of the times I have seen him since the first time in '77. Been a fan since I heard him the year before. I always go see him but I am not in the same county politics wise with him or a lot of folks for that matter. This is a shot of Ted at an Orlando date with ZZ Top June 2003. That was a great show. Tommy Aldridge on drums and a guy I only know as Barry. I saw him with Dokken earlier that year. Cool player.

The mellow song at the end of Craveman was written by Marco Mendez Ted's Bass player off and on. He and Barry are pals.

That would be Barry Sparks, awesome bassist!

That's it! I knew just couldn't get it out. :blink: I even met him at a show in Detroit 3 months later. Ted opened at Comerica Stadium for KISS and Aerosmith wih Saliva on before Ted.

post-2-1110589013_thumb.jpg

FWIW the chick in TK's "Who's Your Daddy" video is the 2005 Playmate of the Year.

Shhhh ... that's classified info!

Pedro Martinez is Playmate of the Year??!?!? Oh, wait minute I misread your post.

Ted rocks, no doubt about it. Still has it, almost like time has stood still for him. I saw him about a 18 months. Played a killer set. Just when you think it can't get any better, out comes the headliner, Alice Cooper. Man, what a night that was. Rock an roll was alive that night. Ted was using Peavey 5150 when I saw him.

Hi,

If I remember right I saw him only use 3 guitars.

A very worn gibby hollowbody,blonde with most of the clearcoat wore of it. Killer tone with that one. A PRS with tiger stripes that just sounded muddy.

The last one he used a LP all done up in american flag, he did a version of Hendrix star spangled banner on Tks grand finale. Teds stage was the exact same stage set up as the earlier pic on this thread.

As far as amps, there were a bunch of PV 5150s ontop of some cabs but none appeared to be hooked up. His main amp in his rack was a head of somesort, the only logo on it was his signature Ted Nugent script. I got a pretty good look at it, and I think it could have just been for show too. Probably his real rig was under the stage in an iso cab, I really do not know for sure.

I know he also used a pedal for most of his solos.

He also added ".com" to his stage banner.

Archived