Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Ted Nugent

Guest Buck Dharma

I saw Ted in Philly during the Cat Scratch Fever tour maybe 78 or around there. He rocked, it was the loudest concert I have ever seen. Eddie Money was the warmup and he was awful which made the crowd really rowdy it was great. I think Ted has great tone. I don't like the political crap from either side that's why I won't go see U2 anymore. I don't care what Ted thinks or what Bono thinks. I don't like anybody who tells people what they should think or how they should act.

I saw Ted in Philly during the Cat Scratch Fever tour maybe 78 or around there. He rocked, it was the loudest concert I have ever seen. Eddie Money was the warmup and he was awful which made the crowd really rowdy it was great. I think Ted has great tone. I don't like the political crap from either side that's why I won't go see U2 anymore. I don't care what Ted thinks or what Bono thinks. I don't like anybody who tells people what they should think or how they should act.

Amen...they should shut up and play! :blink:

Ted's cocky now, do some reasearch as to his actions when there were young men his age at war ,

Bill, I tried so hard to find a little animated gif of the Fat Albert Gang crackin' up to post here after your post but alas couldn't. I'd never thought of that before. It always kinda chapped my ass when he'd go on and onabout family values when he's always been kinda boastful about his groupie conquests and marital infidelities not to mention he tried to pickup a friend of mine a few years ago.

Ted's cocky now, do some reasearch as to his actions when there were young men his age at war ,

Bill, I tried so hard to find a little animated gif of the Fat Albert Gang crackin' up to post here after your post but alas couldn't. I'd never thought of that before. It always kinda chapped my ass when he'd go on and onabout family values when he's always been kinda boastful about his groupie conquests and marital infidelities not to mention he tried to pickup a friend of mine a few years ago.

Lol!...ah we are wearing our political leanings on our sleeve again are we? :D

I met Ted in '86 and he was no more a tool than ANY of the other rock stars I have met. Again I could give a shit about the politics of the man I was just interested in tone...some people just cant get over themselves though. :blink: So please be helpful or go join a protest somewhere.

In response to the question about Nuge's original rig... He's always played Byrdlands, preferably with the pointy cutaway. I first saw him in June of 1970 and he had piles and PILES of blonde Showmen with 1 x 15 and 2 x 15 cabinets, with what appeared to be JBL's in them (they were about the only 'chrome dome' speakers around back then).

He was a maniac then, is a maniac now, and if his chutzpah is what keeps him going, more power to him.

Guest Michael

I saw Tender Ted in July of `77 and again in January of `78 at the Spectrum in Philly. According to my ticket stub, Foreigner was the opening act in `77. Anyway, my buddy and I couldn't find anyone who had ever heard of him, let alone find anyone to go with us. When we got there, the place was practically empty, so we walked right up to the stage. By the time Ted came on there were a lot more people there, but nothing like a crowd. Ted proceeded to blow the roof of of the joint, and by the time we left my buddy was a convert, and I thought my hearing was damaged! I guess between the two dates Ted had become known, because for that show we had to sit in the aisle on the first level of a totally packed house. The first concert may very well be the baddest concert I ever saw, Ted was awesome, the singer, Derek St. Holmes, was in great form, and the rhythm section was pounding it out --- whew! A little while later "Cat Scratch Fever" came out, and as far as I was concerned Ted turned into a bit of a joke, with the loincloth and all. As the years have gone by I've been put off by his "persona" as well, but the boy could spank the plank back in the day. The album "Ted Nugent" is a must have.

Link to "Ted Nugent" track samples:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00...6067495-7859864

Guest Buck Dharma

Hey Michael, did you go to the one with Eddie Money when the crowd almost pulled the stage over pulling on the curtain? Thats the one I went to at the spectrum. It was after Cat Scratch Fever because he played all those songs and had the loincloth.

Guest Michael

Buck,

I saw Ted around the time "Free For All" came out. According to my stubs, the two shows I saw were between July of `77 and January of `78 --- pre-loincloth! The opening act for the second show was supposed to be Golden Earring, but someone in that band broke their arm, and they were replaced by a group called Starz. My friend has since passed away, but whenever we got together we fondly remembered the night Ted blew the doors off of the Spectrum, and relatively few people there to see it. Take care.

post-2-1110586909.jpg

Sometimes I get to excited. I said this was Tommy Aldridge on drums but it is actually Tommy Clufetos, a bad ass young buck from Detroit! Thanks Willie for the info. I knew it, I just looked at the shot to quick when I posted.

Guest Buck Dharma

The one I went to was after that I guess because it was packed and rowdy. Alot of great memories of concerts at the spectrum and some huge concerts at JFK. Do you remember when some butthead through a firecracker at one of the Aerosmith guys and they left the concert? Glad to talk to a local on the board!

Joe Perry got 4 stitches to his right hand out of that but it saved his eye. Steven got an eye injury. It exploded right next to their heads as they walked out for the encore. The next time they played Philly some bonehead broke a Jack bottle to pieces off the front monitors stopping the show 2 song into the set, IIRC from their book, Walk This Way. Not good eh?

Guest Buck Dharma

You have to understand these are probably the same people that now have seats in the upper level at the Eagles game and through snowballs at Santa. It's embarrasing sometimes but it's home. It is much better now than it used to be.

You must have forgot, I live in Tampa Bay. I have seen Philly fans in action. :D Tampa Bay has won more than one critical game in the Old Vets. Hopeful many more in your new venue too. :P:ph34r::blink::huh:

Guest Buck Dharma
You must have forgot, I live in Tampa Bay. I have seen Philly fans in action. :D Tampa Bay has won more than one critical game in the Old Vets. Hopeful many more in your new venue too. :ph34r::P:huh::blink:

What happened this year? From the looks of them this past year I don't think they will be winning anytime soon at the Linc.

The Spectrum did have some memorable shows. Some of the best I've ever seen (VH in the early 80s with Dave) and one of THE worst-VH with Sammy in the early 90s. They were horribly lame the second time around and the sound was the worst of any live show I've ever been too.

JFK was a blast for those big summer shows...

At least what I recall from them.

Guest Buck Dharma
The Spectrum did have some memorable shows. Some of the best I've ever seen (VH in the early 80s with Dave) and one of THE worst-VH with Sammy in the early 90s. They were horribly lame the second time around and the sound was the worst of any live show I've ever been too.

JFK was a blast for those big summer shows...

At least what I recall from them.

Yeah, I heard that I had allot of fun at those JFK shows.

I think Ted and I are about as at opposite ends of the political spectrum as you can get - but I have an inexplicable affection for him. I find him endearing and comical... and his lunkheaded politics only make him more comical to me.

Archived