Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Current run of Hamer XTs... What do you think to them?

I’m curious what folks here at the HFC think of the current import Hamer XT series? I picked up one of the XT Jr Specials as a project guitar, changed out the pup, electronics and hardware, and it’s turned out pretty nice. It plays well and sounds good, and still came in pretty cheap even after shelling out for a hand wound P90.

Still lusting after a P90 equipped USA Special though! :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in the UK. I got it at a local(ish) music store. There seem to be fewer and fewer Hamer dealers here, probably because the cost of the USA models is so high due to the exchange rate.

Can't imagine why these wouldn't be available in the USA. Haven't seen the Jr around a lot though, it seems to be a slightly less known model.

The XT are some of the better import made guitars. I have a Standard XT I bought in 2005 and it is a great guitar. New pups and tuners and I love it. Thought about new pots and wiring but so far I'm happy to have it. Not on the level with the USAs but a good guitar.

Second time this style has been posted. I wanna see one of these in person. They look great. Love to try one out.

Sounds like you have a good substitute until you get a real USA Special. Well worth the money too. :D

I have seen the full line up in the Fender booth at the Frankfurt Musikmesse in March. Craftsmanship and design is superb. As most owners like me recommend, replace the major parts, pickups first, and you are going to have a great player for low money.

The current XT line up looks very nice.

Is there a catalog somewhere? That Monaco XT was unknown to me.

Is there a catalog somewhere? That Monaco XT was unknown to me.

Someone mentioned it in a thread a month or so ago. In disbelief, I googled Hamer Monaco XT and voila, for sale in the UK.

Veddy tempting... though the real McCoy...

Let me tell you how much I do love my import Hamer. I have a Fender MIM Strat. After the following upgrades, it never came close to my Indonesian SATQ XT:

Fender/Schaller Tuners,

Wilkinson VSVG bridge.

KGC Brass Mass.

Dimarzio Pots.

Dimarzio ToneZone (bridge), Fast track 1 (medium), Chopper (Neck)

HSS White Pearloid Pickguard.

I've got my Hamer for $200 brand new, with the minor gripe of a broken knob.

This guitar really sings; it has an amazing three dimensional sound and it's completely noiseless, zero hum.

It's very comfortable and it's cosmetically one piece of art.

Actually I'm selling my Fender to buy more SATQ's. Here I leave a picture of my baby.

dsc04785c.jpg

I’m curious what folks here at the HFC think of the current import Hamer XT series?

Speaking for myself, I don't think about them at all. Not unless somebody else brings up the topic. My USA made Hamers suit me just fine, thanks.

Just viewed the XT Europe FB page. Me likey! Someone posted the Musicorp distribution article earlier. Good stuff, I won't be able to resist getting some in.

I’m curious what folks here at the HFC think of the current import Hamer XT series?

Speaking for myself, I don't think about them at all. Not unless somebody else brings up the topic. My USA made Hamers suit me just fine, thanks.

Snob alert. :D

Archived