Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Ace Frehley

Got to see Ace Frehley solo again last night. I first saw Kiss 32 years ago, and I've always wanted to get one of Ace's picks at a show.

Finally happened last night!

AcePick.jpg

Had to crawl on my hands and knees to get it, but I got one.

Great show - don't buy into Gene and Paul's crap that Ace can't deliver the goods anymore. I especially get a kick out of the fact that Ace is playing "Love Her All I Can" - that's the song that Kiss added to their set when Tommy Thayer joined and they said Ace couldn't play stuff like that. Of course, they dropped it from their set shortly thereafter.

Ace played a mix of older Kiss songs, songs from the '78 solo album and "Anomaly", with a couple other songs tossed in. He's definitely not playing a nostalgia set - he hit quite a few of the more obscure tracks, like "She", "Talk To Me", "Strange Ways", the stuff that a certain duo insist fans don't want to hear.

No lighted guitar, but he did have the smoker.

His band kicked serious ass - the bass player was a monster (I heard a guy behind me say "That guy makes me want to play bass again"), and the drummer was kicking. I couldn't hear the second guitarist too well.

And the ribs were good, too!

A couple more pics (more at http://www.tignanelli.com/acefrehley.htm):

Ace09.jpg

Ace14.jpg

Alan

thanks Alan.

Ace is responsible for more than what is truly known.

Big Fan.

Dad?

Got to see Ace Frehley solo again last night. I first saw Kiss 32 years ago, and I've always wanted to get one of Ace's picks at a show.

Finally happened last night!

AcePick.jpg

Had to crawl on my hands and knees to get it, but I got one.

Hey, looks like you got a vintage one as well! Farewell tour, what?!? Where? :lol:

Thanks to specialk for fixing the link - don't know why it was including the stuff at the end. Going to fix that in a sec.

Yeah, I was surprised at the Farewell Tour stuff on the pick, but it looked like there were three types being tossed - the pink one, a white one, and a red one. Don't know for sure if that was accurate, but it looked that way.

Ala

I miss him, the last time I saw Ace was on the Farewell tour back in 2000. Anyone know why he wears sunglasses all the time now? Is it some medical issue?

I believe the medical term is "age".

I miss him, the last time I saw Ace was on the Farewell tour back in 2000. Anyone know why he wears sunglasses all the time now? Is it some medical issue?

I believe the medical term is "age".

Or "jagoff", depending on the wearers gravitas. Ace has gravitas, ergo, not a jagoff.

A lot of aging rockers (and blues guys, actors, etc.) wear dark glasses around the clock when in public. With TMZ/tabloid cameras everywhere, they are trying to hide their age, which often shows up most around the eyes.

Sometimes it's also to cover up a botched eye lift or something, but some of these guys also try to not look stoned too.

We did.

You are.

Let's catch him when he's in town (maybe at JAXX again, unless the new owners have gone completely blues/variety...)

Archived