Hamer Fan Club Message Center

new fav song discoveries....

so what are some new song favorites you've "discovered" in the last year or so? Don't have to be recently released songs, just ones that you've found that you really like.

And yes some of these are very pop. What can I say, I've been in a pop mood lately.

Paris - Grace Potter :

Pissed off and mad about it - Texas Hippie Coalition :

Wanted - Jessie James. Yeah, it's pop country. And yeah, she's smokin hot. :

Fever - Adam Lambert. Hair metal meets Marilyn Manson. :

Bloody Mary - Lady Gaga. This song has embedded in my brain. :

Remedy - Little Boots: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McdqerXrwXE

Buster Voodoo - Rodrigo Y Gabriela. Sigh, still in love with Gabby...

Wanted - Jessie James. Yeah, it's pop country. And yeah, she's smokin hot. :

Wow, reminds me of the first time I saw a Shania Twain video almost 20 years ago. And this babe drives a classic Mustang ragtop (with the coveted deluxe "pony" interior"...). Mmmmmm.

First time I heard that Grace Potter and the Nocturnal song I thought that's the way it should be done. Great rock / pop song. They are from Vermont too. More going on up there than just milking cows I guess.

+1 on the Grace Potter.

"One Last Soul" and "Sweet Sista Jane" from Black Country Communion's debut. Plus a couple from their second album (8 months apart).

"Carnal Carnival" - Here Come The Mummies.

"Goodbye To Romance" guitar and vocal mix - Ozzy. What a great new spin on a classic.

"Fuck You" - Cee Lo Green. My first thought was "great - something getting notice just because of the title", but damn if it ain't a catchy song.

"Atheists Don't Have No Songs" - Steve Martin And Steep Canyon Rangers.

"Charlene II (I'm Over You)" - Stephen Colbert And The Black Belles.

Alan

The Cribs with Johnny Marr on guitar.

"Cheat On Me" is cool - but I like a lot of their earlier stuff too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzxzCICyUUw

The Cribs with Johnny Marr on guitar.

"Cheat On Me" is cool - but I like a lot of their earlier stuff too.

+1 Johnny Marr brings the cool to everything he touches.

fives - guthrie govan

ps - i'm sure someone will pipe up w/ some typical "too many notes" anti shredder negativity,

but i find his musicality (his phrasing, & esp the songs melody line) very beautiful.

Been diggin' on Florence and the Machine a lot lately, they killed on Colbert last week.

Gabriel and Dresden (Motorcycle) too.

fives - guthrie govan

ps - i'm sure someone will pipe up w/ some typical "too many notes" anti shredder negativity,

but i find his musicality (his phrasing, & esp the songs melody line) very beautiful.

Guthrie is a sick ass mofo who doesn' make me want to quit playing. He's brilliant and God-like, but he's also inspiring as hell. Nice backing track too!

Tangled up in Plaid - Queens of the Stone Age

It took a little while to grow on me but it definitely has. The chorus gets me every time but the verse mostly just serves to get me ready for the chorus. :P

The part starting at about 20s has been infectious for me lately. In this case, the next major vibe in there doesn't work for me ("Looking for an accomplice..."). The rest of it's worth it though. :lol:

I wouldn't give the white stripes the time of day when they first made it big, but eventually I softened up my prejudices enough to give Jack White a chance and I haven't been disappointed so far.

fives - guthrie govan

That's an awesome track. I've always been weak in the shredding department, but this video has inspired me to give it another go.

Thanks Brooks!

fives - guthrie govan

That's an awesome track. I've always been weak in the shredding department, but this video has inspired me to give it another go.

Thanks Brooks!

i'm awaiting the release of "the aristocrats", his trio of doom w/

marco minnemann (paul gilbert, dream theater drum auditions) &

bryan beller (steve vai, dethklok). should be epic, not just shred w/ a static rhythm section.

http://the-aristocrats-band.com/

fives - guthrie govan

Guthrie Govan is in his own league. Got chops, tone and musicality for loads. One of the best players out there for sure!

I still like Lady Gaga and Grace Potter better though. :lol::P

Almost every song on the new Foo Fighters disc, "Waisting Light".

-Bobby

I've heard this is good I'll have to go check it out.

Archived