Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Got my boy back!

thecajunboy

Well finally after 15 long days, my son and I are back together after Katrina hit.

Bubba (one of his many nicknames) had gone off with his mother for the weekend when Katrina decided to turn for the LA MS coast. I got a call from her on the Saturday before and was assured that he'd be safe and not to worry. For some dumbass reason I believed her. Normally she heads for Bay St. Louis with him on the weekends she gets him.

Fast forward and the hurricane passes. Two and a half days later I get a text message from her brother and I read that Bubba and her are okay, and are heading for Jackson MS. I get a call the next morning from her and she tells me that they're okay, without power, and will be okay for awhile. Now keep in mind that at this point, this is all the information I was given.

A few more days pass and I'm trying to get in touch with her and all I've got is a cell phone number. With the help of some HFCers and Hamer Museum folks, we're bombing the number with voice and text messages, all to no avail. On Saturday (or Day 6) she leaves a phone message that they have electricity, but no fuel. She doesn't leave a call back number. The cell phone barrage continues. I also fill 8 5 gallon cans with fuel to head up there and fetch Bubba and get her some gas to get back down this way.

On Day 10 I finally get a land line number from her sister to call. I get a hold of her and find out that her car was flooded. I also find out that they weathered the storm in Gulfport, in a place where some dude said "We shouldn't get any water here". Oh yeah, that cell phone had gone for a swim, and all our calls were for naught. That night I couldn't nail down a firm plan to go get him so I hung up with plans to call again the next night.

So it's Day 11 and I call back, and she's himming and hawing about where to meet and it sounded as if she didn't want me to meet her at the home she was staying in. Finally I just had to tell her that I was coming there and to have the boy ready.

Day 12 and I race up to Jackson, find the place, and all is well. We start heading back. My son tells me what happened. I'll just list it in bullet form.

Water came up to the windows of the house, fast.

Had to use ax to hack their way out of house.

Tried to get into boat, no luck.

Walked through water about 4 1/2 feet deep.

Wind was blowing like a mofo.

Had to toss the kids over a fence during all this.

Made it to another house where the water was just covering the floor.

Spent two days with some other folks before heading to Jackson.

Her car had gone completely underwater.

In short, she could have easily gotten themselves dead.

Good news is that Bubba's okay, and back in school. He's been somewhat eager to talk about it, and I don't think he's been affected greatly, at least not yet.

Somebody tell me why I shouldn't bitchslap her off the planet.

She will pay, for the rest of her life.

All that matters is that Austin is okay and WANTS to talk about it. That is a good sign.

Great to hear of it, buddy. Give him a manly slap on the shoulders from Ol' Uncle, willya?

Bubba's home. That's all that matters. You guys are a family again.

Ex-wife will always be a case study in stoopidity, and she's proved she's the queen of The Province of Numbskullia again.

Riding out Cat 5 Katrina in Gulfport...that's like Poe saying his new diet is a just a dozen Krispy Kremes per meal chased with milkshakes and Gumbo Shop takeout for dessert.

Why is it that when Women become ex's....they are just selfish,pigheaded bitches that care about nothing but themselves....I'm for ya bitch slappin her off the planet. I'm glad your son is well and not bent in anyway over this :blink:

Glad to hear your son's back, safe and thrilled to see his Dad.

I can't say as to how I'd react if I was in your exact situation, but from here I'd say quietly thank God everybody's still breathing and with you--then quit while you're ahead....

Then again, that whole thing would've scared the hell out of me.

REALLY glad you two guys are back together.

Best wishes

A LOT of folks supposedly a LOT smarter than your ex also misjudged Katrina and also royally f*ked up (the Prez, FEMA heads, governor, mayor...)

I'd just be damned happy that your story had a happy ending despite the route it took. A lot of folks weren't as lucky.

VERY glad they're safe. I'm still searching for some friends/neighbors missing in the area.

Guest JackButler

CB,

Glad to hear you have your son back home with you... nothing like hearing that first "Dad"...every morning.. happy to know that he's healthy and I agree, talking about it is a good thing. Sorry about the ex and everything.. hopefully everyone will learn from it.. we'll keep you in our prayers brudda.

Glad to hear you found the boy. Give him a good knob scobbin for me & give the ex an even gooder knob scobbin (100 grit) for pulling that kind of stunt.

I've thought and I've thought, and none come to mind.

'cuz I would be happy, nay, honored to do it for you. That way she can't claim custody.

Good grief! I had no idea you had to wait so long to reunite. He's safe now, and I'm sure your ex was scared and now shamed and embarrased by the event. Don't know what your custody deal is but if you ever wanted more time with Austin, now's your chance...

Very, very glad to hear the good news. It's shocking to me how this storm caught so many people so off guard. After it "surprised" the people in Florida.... Sounds like the kid has a good adventure story now. That God he's ok.

Woot!!!!!

Glad for both of you that he's home.

It says a LOT when the father is the custodial parent...

Unless you think your ex did something with intent to injure your son; let it go. It ain't worth it. AND you can hold it over her head for the rest of her life. ;-)

Because if you do, she will have your child forever and you won't get to see him. That's the way the system works. It is all in favor of the women.

She has been through a lot, she has already been punished and will continue to be punished.

Get your peace from knowing that you son is alive and well. Rejoice and be glad. She will get hers in the end.

So it's Day 11 and I call back, and she's himming and hawing about where to meet and it sounded as if she didn't want me to meet her at the home she was staying in. Finally I just had to tell her ...

GIMME BACK MY SON!

mel1.jpg

Archived