Hamer Fan Club Message Center

$38,000.

By “this kind of money,” Dantzig means $38,000 for the Crow package, which includes a hand-bound journal containing his original sketches and photographs of the instrument as well as samples of the cloth wire and other materials. “Unlike a mass-produced instrument,” Dantzig says, “this guitar has a history all its own that I’ve documented for the owner to cherish.

It's shit full, anally retentive narrative like that that makes me want to punch people. I couldn't get that full of shit if i drove a dump truck of finest Columbian marching powder up my own arse.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worth every dime. Three of them make a good living. Would be a nice job for me too.

I thought Pedulla was crazy asking 8 to 10 k for their Nuance basses...38k...dang...must be marketing this guitar to the 5% of the US population that owns 85% of the country's wealth...way out of my price range...nice toy for the rich...

I think it's real progress to go from not building guitars people wanted to building guitars people can't have.

I think it's real progress to go from not building guitars people wanted to building guitars people don't want.

Fixed again.

This bold construction, forged of natural materials, is a vision of man's struggle to blunt the cudgel of the oppressive, relentless forces of early 21st century global industrial society. The juxtaposition of both the charred and highly polished surfaces celebrates the human spirit's indomitable regenerative capacity. A clever wink to familiar yet not widely appreciated forms will charm the true aficionado. No detail is too small to have been overlooked, even here, displayed at a purposely provocative angle. Available at 38,000. All inquiries held in strictest confidence.

I've written a fair amount of marketing horseshit in my day, and read even more. This takes the cake.

Anyone who'd be drawn in by this copy is a person with whom I'd have absolutely nothing in common.

Not poking fun or anything, but how much do the real upper end PRS's go for?

The limited Dragon's, Elfs, or Gargoyles, or what ever they are. Is this that far out

of line with those prices.

Cool Beans

Gene

Like many others here probably did, I followed the build.

Some of what he did in fabrication was cool, but nothing that hasn't been done and isn't being done by any number of small companies every day.

Don't much care for the finished product, but that's often the case when the builder (not sculptor or artist, why isn't guitar builder enough for some people?) is primarily looking to satisfy only themselves versus a customer.

It is what it is --it looks great to me, BTW.

Now an anecdote related to this: I went to the last Montreal Guitar Show and tried every single guitar available. Many of them were true works of art, but just two of them really impressed me about their playability and tone.

So, who cares if Jol is no longer targeting our niche market? I personally got over it already. Now it's good for him... and also good for us. Can we ask for a better outcome?

Meanwhile, there's this guy.

http://www.olneydailymail.com/newsnow/x116...-local-business

He's a no-name guitar builder located in the middle of nowhere . . . about an hour from where I live ;)

I recently got to see one of his earlier guitars in person, and it was a beautiful thing! What was better? The owner picked it up for $400. :lol:

Edited to add this link to more pics

http://www.olneydailymail.com/photos/x1162...Wallace-guitars

Monaco, but without the "shelf"

WTF????

Monaco without a shelf is a $32,000 upcharge. The other $2,000 is for bringing back Charlie Christian pickups.

Personally, I enjoy reading the blog once in a while. Many things are out of reach to me like cars, yachts, houses etc. Why not guitars? I don't mind him caching in after many years of business.

I do thank him for the nice Hamer guitars I am proud to own and enjoy to play. I've dug the Newport out after holidays. It's such a great guitar.

Btw. We have crows in the neighborhood. Don't need it in the house anyway. ;)

On his blog....

Writer Adam Perlmutter’s words capture the essence of the build, nailing philosophy and circumstance behind it all. Somehow it is both perfect and pretentious at the same time. I even managed to slip in the word “schmuck” when talking about marketing guys—although it actually might have been something stronger.

Go ahead, buy the issue and brush up on your wine and cheese repertoire while perusing photos of Kirk Hammett’s crib in Hawaii. If you’re feeling oh-so-rebellious—steal it.

Bullshit followed by a suggestion to steal property.

Jol, try stealing a magazine from my shop, sometime.

Archived