Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Korina Vector just landed, pics and a pickguard question

Just arrived today. Duncan 59 set sounds cool, but not really for me. Not sure what, but I'm thinking either double cream or zebra (or both) with a black pickguard and amber knobs. You know I always gotta be different.

Does anyone know if a replacement pickguard for a Gibson 58 V will fit on a Vector? Are they the same specs? There's a guy on ebay that sells them, but he has no experience with the Hamer V and couldn't tell me.

Thanks! TC

005-5.jpg

006-3.jpg

WELCOME!!!! Great guitar to buy. ;)

AFAIK it will not fit but...

http://pickguards.us/pricehamer.html OEM IIRC.

Just got one of the Chandler ones for my 97 Korina Vector in tort shell. Exact fit except two of the screw holes were a bit off. This is an easy fix if you are willing to drill through the guard in those two spots.

Congrats on your purchase, it's a killer guitar. I bought Wolfetone Marshallhead pickups for this guitar and I like them. I also like the WCR pickups, seems you can't go wrong.

Congrats! Those are fantastic guitars - I love mine. I've got a Rio BBQ Bucker & Genuine Texas in there right now, and that combo works very well for me.

Correct that the Gibson guard doesn't fit, but between Chandler and Hamer, you could easily get the correct guard for yours.

HMMM is that one of the '96 or '97 **/72 limited edition ones?

Not sure, I don't know much about Hamer. Seller said it was a '97 and thought it was one of the first ones made.

The serial number reads:

Not sure what that means. Can anyone tell? If its a limited edition (the 029 seems like it could be?), what is limited or special about it? Does it make it worth more than a normal one?

001-3.jpg

:lol:;)B)

I had a wierd feeling about that. You are not gonna belive this but that was stolen from fellow HFC member and Duncan board member Formula 73. :D:o;)

It is a run of Korina Vs from 1997. They made 72 Vs and in '96-'97 IIRC made 100 Standards. Dont know about adding much more price to those as they already get pretty good money.

I had a wierd feeling about that. You are not gonna belive this but that was stolen from fellow HFC member and Duncan board member Formula 73. :D:o;)

Six years ago, I must add. :o Hope you guys will work it out.

BTW, the guitar looks amazing and the grain is awesome.

Great. Sick to my stomach. I hope I'm not out $2k. He should contact me if that's true.

Is he Brandon Sellers, in the Navy and member of the Duncan Forums also? I sent him an email.

Nobody really wins.. stand up thing you're doing there.. get verification from the local PD - looks like it didn't travel very far, maybe they can track down the bastards.

Good luck!

Dude...of all the people to come up with my stolen guitar, it had to be you, and I know you're a damn good guy. I still have the case and COA for it. I'm honestly amazed it's not destroyed. Bastards broke in through my sliding glass door in the living room and took it, along with my 97 BC Rich USA Jr V, my Hondo V, my Ventura Ripper copy, and 2 Vector KKs. I can't access my aol email from the ship, but if you could, please contact me via [email protected].

Thanks, man. I have absolutely missed it. Every time I see that case I die a little inside. It was the first really nice guitar I ever bought and I spent the biggest chunk of my enlistment bonus on it. This guitar was my first band, my first demo, the first originals I ever wrote. It was when I was young and hungry and thought I was gonna *make it*. I'll do whatever it takes to get it back.

The guy I bought it from, Joe, is totally stand-up. He called me and totally cooperative. He also has documentation on where he bought it from, and where that person bought it from.

Formula73 is working on getting the documentation that we (Joe and I) are asking for before giving the guitar back. Sorry, but I don't think its unreasonable to ask for police documentation rather than someone's word on the internet when talking about handing over something of this kind of value and taking a huge $$$ loss.

TC, I don't think you guys are being unreasonable at all. I'm doing my best to get everything you guys need from my end and I really appreciate that you guys are being so honest and accomodating about this, both to me, and to each other. Every now and then, stuff happens that serves to replace a little of my faith in humanity.

Great story.. You never hear about people getting their goods back, but I am wondering, Was there ever an insurance claim made? If so, They will want to be paid back or take the guitar.

This could be interesting..

Archived