Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Korina Vector just landed, pics and a pickguard question

I still have the case and COA for it.

Its in a Hamer V case now. No COA or other paperwork with it (I didn't know they had COA's).

Yep, with serial # and # in the run.

Perfect, I emailed Formula and asked him to send a pic of the certificate, that would really help with some piece of mind. Post it here to for all to see as well.

He is deployed out to sea at the moment so that might take him a minute or two

Yea we've been exchanging emails pretty regular since yesterday. He's limited at what he can do, might have to ask his wife to do it. Worse case scenario is we have to wait until his float ends next month and deal with everything then. He's due back at his home port in WA sometime in August. Its not going anywhere. But man my stress levels have shot through the roof since yesterday and I'd like to resolve this ASAP. I'm impulsive, as evidenced by (but not limited to) all my GAS buys - Doh!

I'm working on it, guys. Gene, the COA for this guitar isn't in that format. It's sideways (landscape?) with a decorative border thing and mostly typeface with the sn, # of 72, and signatures filled in in pen on blank lines. I hope the wife can find it. The case, though, is nothing special. It's beat up and the hardware is corroded and it's missing a latch, but there's not a lot to separate it from the other Hamer cases out there. It's more or less exactly the same as the one that came with my 08.

The wife is still looking for the COA, but here's a couple quick pics she snapped off of the case. It's just a beat up old Hamer V case. I think they're TKLs. If you look close, you can see the lever and clamp for the top latch is missing, though I don't know if that proves anything other than my memory is still ok and my wife found the right case.

hammercase.jpg

hammercasecloseup.jpg

formula 73 - congrats on finding your lost "baby" after all these years. She's a beaut and I think I know exactly how you musta felt having that stolen as I've fallen victum to a couple of robberies over the years.

TattooedCarrot - man, I feel for you bud. To acquire a sweet ax like this and only then come to the realization that it's stolen must be a hell of an emotional roller coaster ride. You're doing the right thing, though and hope all works out for you in the end. Think of the gobs of good kharma that'll come your way and maybe that'll take some of the pain away for you.

Anyhoo, hope you guys can work this whole thing out and that the perp is somehow brought to justice through all of this. That'd be the perfect ending to this whole crazy episode.

I was just walking down Memory Lane, reliving all the stuff I did with that guitar. This is the only pic I have of it, 10 years and 60 lbs ago, on the flight deck of the John C. Stennis. It's difficult to believe that at one time, my boobs were actually pecs.

missingkorina.jpg

Even though this sucks for just about everybody but me, you know this will all come back to you, in one way or another, right? At the very least, I've got some pickups with your name on them, and hell, I DO have a MIJ Bacchus in the same 58 style that's pretty hard to come by. I picked it up in Japan on a port call, I believe, the deployment after the Hamer was stolen. Let me get back to port and I'll give you a call and we can talk about it. You're doing a good thing, man, and I'll get you back as best I can.

I DO have a MIJ Bacchus in the same 58 style that's pretty hard to come by. I picked it up in Japan on a port call, I believe, the deployment after the Hamer was stolen. Let me get back to port and I'll give you a call and we can talk about it. You're doing a good thing, man, and I'll get you back as best I can.

I don't know anything about Bacchus, but I have been admiring that guitar since I saw it in your photobucket. I'm really into natural wood and cream pickups, its like something vintage that got modded in the 70's. Very nice.

The Bacchus stuff is relatively high-end Jpns stuff. Tombo can certianly chip in here, as he's played more of them than I have.

Suffice it to say you're adding tons of class/rep to the HFC here guys with how you're both handling this rather sticky and delicate issue.

Suffice it to say you're adding tons of class/rep to the HFC here guys with how you're both handling this rather sticky and delicate issue.

Very well stated.

and, another +1 for Bachhus, makers of what may be the purdiest V ever!

Bacchus%20BFV-2010K%20SB.JPG

Funny thing - that Bacchus Vee is a copy of a custom-ordered Hamer Vector from a few years ago! Even down to the truss rod cover.

Formula73's ship is in port local for a bit, we are making arrangements to meet next Sunday and hand the guitar over in person. We'll take pics and post 'em up. Thanks again everyone!

This place is f@#$ng awesome, isn't it? And Gene is da man. Hats off!

Archived