Hamer Fan Club Message Center

HAPPY ENDINGS........(the stolen Hamer Korina V)

Happy endings indeedy!! Glad all worked out for everyone in the end.

Kudos to BTMN for organizing the fundraiser (don't know how I missed that!). PM on the way Gene...

Could someone post the collection link on this thread if it's not already a sticky?

Awesome.

It's fantastic. I think it needs a set of 10s (these feel like 9s), but other than that, it's the bomb-diggety. It looks just like it did back in 04, like nobody's even played it, except the frets are clean. Back then, I didn't know about 0000 steel wool and they were green except on the very top where the strings rubbed. I got to jam on it last night with my uncle and some friends and it was just awesome. The neck is better than I remember. If they ever post any pics or video, I'll be sure to post it up.

I just still can't believe this.

BTW: the owner before Kiz, who owned it since late 04, contacted me via ebay with the name of the pawn shop in San Diego where he bought it. He apparently bought another of my stolen guitars which was sold to some metal kid in Sweden (that sounds like the Rich, for sure)shortly thereafter. The owner of the shop (since sold and retired) said that it was a Navy guy who sold it all to them. I'm fairly sure I know who it was and if I'm right, he's probably dead from an OD or in prison. I'd still like to see him fall down a flight of stairs, but he was heading down that path all on his own. As to why they were never entered into any database, I have no idea, but TC was able to track down the police report.

It's fantastic. I think it needs a set of 10s (these feel like 9s), but other than that, it's the bomb-diggety. It looks just like it did back in 04, like nobody's even played it, except the frets are clean. Back then, I didn't know about 0000 steel wool and they were green except on the very top where the strings rubbed. I got to jam on it last night with my uncle and some friends and it was just awesome. The neck is better than I remember. If they ever post any pics or video, I'll be sure to post it up.

I just still can't believe this.

BTW: the owner before Kiz, who owned it since late 04, contacted me via ebay with the name of the pawn shop in San Diego where he bought it. He apparently bought another of my stolen guitars which was sold to some metal kid in Sweden (that sounds like the Rich, for sure)shortly thereafter. The owner of the shop (since sold and retired) said that it was a Navy guy who sold it all to them. I'm fairly sure I know who it was and if I'm right, he's probably dead from an OD or in prison. I'd still like to see him fall down a flight of stairs, but he was heading down that path all on his own. As to why they were never entered into any database, I have no idea, but TC was able to track down the police report.

You're in the Navy too, so... a colleague? Man, that sucks! :blink:

Meth was a plague in San Diego back then, and shipmates were not immune. He'd crushed his left hand some months earlier and the doctor told him he ought to try playing guitar or bass to rebuild some dexterity. He used to come over and I'd sit with him and play bass, so he knew my stuff. I guess it was just a downward spiral, from there. He only came by sporadically and then, after that night, he never showed up, again. I'm pissed, yeah, but he seemed like an ok guy. Part of me wants him to rot in Hell and the other wonders if he ever made it out alive, and if he did, if he ever thinks about stealing my stuff. Guilt? Remorse?

The story is almost unbelievable. Straight to a NCIS episode. :P

And the people in here are outstanding, i think i know you formula73 from the guitar101 forums, just glad you got your baby back, and TC, sir, you were just great.

Thank you BTMN, it was a genius idea, you were quick and efficient :lol:

Now..about the cheeseburgers.... :blink:;):P:lol:

Oh noes. Is this TC from the ESP forums as well??? :blink:

You know there is only one TC ;)

There's only one TC that gives people lectures on police law enforcements... :P

Anyway, since when were you a Hamer user???

Since last Friday, and as you can see from the thread, that lasted about 6 days Doh.gif

I finally got the net handle. Tattooed Carrot...inked ginger kid...lol

Yep.....although I hit 44 in Oct, so not so much a kid anymore. But I do still get carded occasionally - I suffer Gilligan syndrome. My 21 year old son is starting to look older than me!!!!

Sorry to hear that a Navy serviceman spun out on crank stole your gear, Formula73. I'm glad that the people involved recovered one of the stolen guitars. That guy is already suffering from his addiction and is hurting himself and the people around him. Hopefully, the rest of the stolen guitars will surface and be returned to its original owner. That's why I never invite strangers over to my place for jamming, only at rehearsal studios or at their place. It wasn't your fault though as you judged that person to be of good character at that time. I wouldn't want anyone to see my gear stash either.

Guitar George

Archived