Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Blues Jr

I bought a Blues jr. Bill M mod, mercury magnetics transformer, JJ tubes, Cannibis rex speaker ... basically the "Humboldt package" for $400 bucks. So cheap. I think it will be nice and I'll have extra dough to buy seat belts for the '59.

Full tone report to come ...

I bought a Blues jr. Bill M mod, mercury magnetics transformer, JJ tubes, Cannibis rex speaker ... basically the "Humboldt package" for $400 bucks. So cheap. I think it will be nice and I'll have extra dough to buy seat belts for the '59.

Full tone report to come ...

very interested to here said report............. :blink:;):P

Yes, I'm interested in your report as well. I've installed BillM mods in several BJ's and had some happy customers. I put a Cannabis Rex in one and a 30 watt Greenback in another.(Whatever the customer wants I do).

Anyway, with the Cannabis Rex the amp is extremly loud( 102db efficiency rating) and when combined with the basic mods increases clean headroom a bunch. It still broke up plenty when cranked and he learned to control OD with the volume knob on his guitar. He gigs with it on a regular basis.

The Cannabis Rex is an unsung speaker, once is breaks in it sounds really good with most any amp, particularly El84 based amps. So good I put a pair in my old Marshall 2x12. I also put one in a couple of Marshall DLS401's for some customers and got the same feedback. Once it breaks in it sounds really good.

What I'm trying to tell you is give the amp some time and wait for the speaker to break in if it isn't broken in already.

Yes, I'm interested in your report as well. I've installed BillM mods in several BJ's and had some happy customers. I put a Cannabis Rex in one and a 30 watt Greenback in another.(Whatever the customer wants I do).

Anyway, with the Cannabis Rex the amp is extremly loud( 102db efficiency rating) and when combined with the basic mods increases clean headroom a bunch. It still broke up plenty when cranked and he learned to control OD with the volume knob on his guitar. He gigs with it on a regular basis.

The Cannabis Rex is an unsung speaker, once is breaks in it sounds really good with most any amp, particularly El84 based amps. So good I put a pair in my old Marshall 2x12. I also put one in a couple of Marshall DLS401's for some customers and got the same feedback. Once it breaks in it sounds really good.

What I'm trying to tell you is give the amp some time and wait for the speaker to break in if it isn't broken in already.

that all sounds pretty good ... I'm really looking forward to this one ... hopefully it will arrive in one piece :blink:

The amp arrived today and I really do like the way it sounds. A little funky like someone built it it in their garage but with all quality parts. Hardwood finger jointed cabinet, Cannabis Rex, Mercury magnetics transformer etc. Cream Bill M board, Smooth smokey sound with lots of sustain.

Sounds good at low volume and cranks too

Hey, its working for me, sounds good, solid and only $400 bucks ... plus honestly has "mojo"

Whats not to like? (plus arrived in one piece which is always a plus)

Reminds me of a Warmoth project that sounds and looks killer but has no resale value :rolleyes:

>>> easily sounds like an expensive boo tiki style amp. I think a lot has to do with the speaker and hardwood cabinet (duh) :unsure:

So if someone wanted to spend the dough... it would not be money wasted

Thanks for the feedback guys!

bluesjrback.jpg

bluesjrfront.jpg

The amp arrived today and I really do like the way it sounds. A little funky like someone built it it in their garage but with all quality parts. Hardwood finger jointed cabinet, Cannabis Rex, Mercury magnetics transformer etc. Cream Bill M board, Smooth smokey sound with lots of sustain.

Sounds good at low volume and cranks too

Hey, its working for me, sounds good, solid and only $400 bucks ... plus honestly has "mojo"

Whats not to like? (plus arrived in one piece which is always a plus)

Reminds me of a Warmoth project that sounds and looks killer but has no resale value :blink:

>>> easily sounds like an expensive boo tiki style amp. I think a lot has to do with the speaker and hardwood cabinet (duh) :ph34r:

So if someone wanted to spend the dough... it would not be money wasted

Thanks for the feedback guys!

bluesjrback.jpg

bluesjrfront.jpg

that looks so friggin badazzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes::unsure::ph34r:

Really gross amps IMO. The only appeal is the fender name

Edit to add that gross as stock. Looking forward to the review of w all the parts replaced. Lol

yes... sounds much better with all the parts replaced :rolleyes: It has Mullards too!

ahh, bigger cab. a common complaint on blues jrs is the boxy tone from such a small cab. nice look too. you done good!

17"x24"x9" ... looks kinda like "Thiele" size.

Archived