Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I couldn't help myself

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow - as soon as I clicked on the link, alarm bells started ringing. I know many guys who have ordered what appear to be beautiful bargain guitars from this site - but what actually shows up usually bears no resemblance whatsoever to the guitar in the web picture. I really, really hope this proves to be the exception to the rule. Please excuse me if I'm being unnecessarily down on this, but I've heard such bad things from so many people. Good luck with this.

It's also worrying to note that shipping via a bona-fide shipper such as UPS, Fedex adds almost $800 to the cost. That makes it somewhat less of a bargain :blink:

Made in China Givson?

this was the 1st thing that i thought of.

that said, for $300-ish bux, might not be a bad slide guitar.

i had scooters china LP w/ a hockeystick (see below),

it was ok for the $$ i gave him (he upgraded EVERTHING),

but when i tried to sell it w/ full disclosure i got a SHITSTORM of ugly posts on another site.

guitars2-0802.jpg

I've heard from more people that felt like they got what they expected or better than I've heard say they felt ripped off after dealing with these Chinese knock-off manufacturers. EMS shipping equals USPS for those of us in the states, so it really doesn't get more bona-fide than that.

You can bet if this one turns out halfway decent for the money the next one will be on my doorstep. I need something that I'm not scared to use near fire :blink:

motley+crue.png

If Mr Santellavision gives this fella a good thumbs up, there's gonna be a couple of these floating around my neck of the woods pretty soon. Hate to make ya the guinea pig, but remember....you offered!

If Mr Santellavision gives this fella a good thumbs up, there's gonna be a couple of these floating around my neck of the woods pretty soon. Hate to make ya the guinea pig, but remember....you offered!

Can't wait! To paraphrase Peter G., "Shock The Monkey Ernie!" :blink:

I showed that link to a friend of mine, and he's about to flip out waiting on word of it's arrival.

I've gotten two emails back from them so far regarding the sale and shipping. So, they seem on the up and up.

Who knows. We'll see. It'll be about 2 weeks.

It's also worrying to note that shipping via a bona-fide shipper such as UPS, Fedex adds almost $800 to the cost. That makes it somewhat less of a bargain.

What do you mean $800 for shipping??? I've shipped guitars to Asia and Europe for less than $200.

In the most recent Tradetang transactions that I have heard about the buyers were pleased. Tuners and bridge hardware needed replacement (fake grovers) and pickups were epiphones. They did get alpha branded pots FWIW. Some tweaking, fret leveling and such and you might have a nice player.

In the most recent Tradetang transactions that I have heard about the buyers were pleased. Tuners and bridge hardware needed replacement (fake grovers) and pickups were epiphones. They did get alpha branded pots FWIW. Some tweaking, fret leveling and such and you might have a nice player.

That's what I am hoping. I've got lots of pickups/wiring ready to throw in it and can do my own fret work.

Just got a tracking number. She's on her way. Stay tuned for a full report of rockin' or cryin'!

That picture is nice. I currently own all American made guitars with the exception of a Yamaha acoustic made in China or Korea. I sold my last Asia made electric guitar early this year. It just did not sound as nice as my Hamer's, even after changing the pickups. On the other hand I really enjoy the Yamaha acoustic. It is very basic but it has solid spruce top and rosewood back and sides and sounds real nice.

I'm by no means criticizing you for your purchase as I've owned Asian guitars and still own one. However I don't know what it is, but I do prefer playing American guitars over Asian guitars. Being American guitars cost more I think I take more time and consideration before purchasing them as well and that seems to cure buyer’s remorse.

I actually own a few Asian guitars that I really dig. I have an import G&L ASAT Tele that absolutely kills as does my import Ampeg AMG100. I've owned a few Japanese Tokai's that were stellar too. So, you never know. (Yeah, I do have Huber's and other boutique axes to compare).

I just love finding simple, cheap things that work as well as big ticket guitars.

Ditto here.

I know somebody (or somebodies) getting a couple of those made, but here in the US.

Very curious to see how that one turns out and if it looks anything like the one in the pirated MusicZoo photos they used.

Archived