Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Who's been to BCR? Post if you have.....

Kristin and I were talking about how so many people from all over have been here......and I have no idea how may have actually set foot on our floor.

So.....who has been here, and when?

I visited within the last 5 years. I took my very young son and I was worried he was going to knock something over that would have cost me way more than I could have afforded. Greg couldn't have been any nicer. Kristin put that yellow hornet with the 3 humbuckers in my hand - awesome neck on that one. I'll have to make the trek back over when circumstances are more favorable. ; )

I was there back in summer of 06' (or was it 07'!?...memory lapse LOL). I was down in Harrisburg for business and figured I'd never get a better opportunity to stop by and check out BCR Music. Only bought a set of strings but was treated like royalty by Greg (complimentary BCR Music T-shirt, got to try out several cool Hamers from Mr. Platzer's personal collection, as well as shooting the breeze for an hour or so. Probably one of if not the best music store experiences I've had...thanks Greg (and Kristin)! I'm sure I'll make it down there again when I'm passing through the area.

Kristin and I were talking about how so many people from all over have been here......and I have no idea how may have actually set foot on our floor.

So.....who has been here, and when?

I was there once pre-kid, so it must have been about a decade ago--time flies. My credit card visited a few years later on the custom order purple sustain block Sunburst ;) Good times!

Mark B

BCR? Never heard of it. Why would I go there?

blue.jpg

Oh. Yeah.

Three or four times, can't remember which. First time was 2006 or 2007 to get the Eclipse. Stopped a couple times on my way through the area - it's hard to pass through without stopping. As long as Greg's there and I've got a few minutes, it's worth 10 minutes or so off the turnpike. It's been pretty much just strings since the first stop, but I always grab something I need (and damn near some things I don't, like that old Gibson amp Greg showed me...).

Alan

I just checked the date, October 2004. And I found some evidence:

Some of you may not know that Greg relieves you of your wallet before you come in. He held me up in the parking lot

100_1074-1.jpg

The legendary cellar door where many a glamor shot was taken:

100_1075.jpg

Me embarrassing myself with the Grumpies.

10904Tom-1.jpg

Count me in. Can't remember when though.

He told me if I posed naked in front of my webb camera that he would send plane tickets, and pay for hotel accommondations. I did all my positions, but I am still waiting for the tickets... ;)

06 & 07...

i don't trust my old car now so haven't made the trip since...

saw the Grumpies perform...

last purchase was via phone....came close another couple times...

i check the web site inventory TOO often...lol

In April 2011, with my then girlfriend on our way to Hershey. The little bastard flirted with her, but next month she'll be my wife so I guess I won that one!

I took my 80's checkerboard Jackson superstrat and had him give it a once-over. Then he proceeded to show me some of his personal stash and we discussed checkerboard straps, cases, Kix, Rhino Bucket and whatever else we could think of. He almost sold me on a cherryburst Les Paul in primo condition.

Cool shop, great guy, and if I ever pass anywhere close by, I will be back again.

Archived