Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Who's been to BCR? Post if you have.....

The little bastard flirted with her

that's his main sales technique...

;)

Announced or Unannounced?

The first time is always remembered as the best. BCR Greg had several people that were already coming in that weekend. I know I counted 5-6 people there that day and I believe another 5-6 people watching GOM play. On the Virgin Tour, it was Not Steve (I think Serial was busy negotiating a 4 digit or some lame excuse like that ;) ) , Mike Cardew, Hangman, Butcher, and I want to say Regina and Mike.

Korina Coffee, no not Kona - Korina. Guaranteed to get wood.

That evening it was Mr.& Mrs. Nightwolf, Gretchen, Carl and his wife and someone else. The group that day might have come as well but some left so they could drive home.

More importantly in attendance, there were no less than 5 - 6 late 70's to early 80's Hamer Sunbursts hanging from the walls. The Marilyn Guitar was there, one 4 digit or it might have been one of the limited bounded blitz guitars. There were some new Hamer models as well as the import line.

There has always been someone else there - Poe, Kiz, and Serial for sure. Some of the HFC memories are getting cluttered with some of the BCR dates.

I do know I have never attended the annual BCR sale.

Hamerica

Early 2008, picked up this little number:

6241015212_2e9e64bb56_z.jpg

6241015214_3d5f237772_z.jpg

6241015222_16e32db9b5_z.jpg

Kristin and I were talking about how so many people from all over have been here......and I have no idea how may have actually set foot on our floor.

So.....who has been here, and when?

Man, I remember that one! Cool.

I did just recently, on my way down to DC. Picked up some jenny-wine Hamer pots for the old Sunburst while I was there. Quite the collection of guitars and amps for its size.

Girlfriend kept me from snagging a sweet 1st gen cruisebass that was there... ;)

Went there starting in 2004 to get the Standard Bass restored.

Got the 12-string Standard bass there in 2010.

Think I'm due for another trip.

He told me if I posed naked in front of my webb camera that he would send plane tickets, and pay for hotel accommondations. I did all my positions, but I am still waiting for the tickets... ;)

They're on the way.

I need to get out there... when I have money. I just blew $2200 on a new trombone, so I'm on double secret probation money wise.

Though I could always bring in some guitars to trade for the Centaura and the Eclipse 12...

I think I started coming about ten years ago. Many trips since (though none lately).

At least five guitars bought. The three I still have are an Artist Korina P-90, Artist Korina Custom, and a Studio Custom - the only trans orange out of a custom run of blues. I got that in 2002 for my 40th birthday.

I was also at the Matt Smith clinic, and I've had the privilege of sitting in with the Grumpies once.

I'd love to get out there, sometime.

That pic of the Robin SG design threw me back to another of what I think was a BCR photo. It was the same guitar, but with a 'Paul-style, suspended pickguard.

Man... For that, I'd wrap my mind around a 24-3/4" scale length...and do my best with the price tag...

My wallet has trekked over there & came back with a couple of surprises for me. Like a gold top Standard & a Robin Fleetwood.

Virtually for me. At least I can say I'd bought an item. Once in a while I cruise the website.

I've been there 4 times... once for the evil twins' birthday bash, once to pick up the acoustic 8-string greg did up for me, once to drop off the same acoustic 8-string my wife bumped over; and again to pick up the improved 8-string acoustic. Once you get him to stop humping your leg, Greg is an alright guy!

Archived