Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Pedal Board Power

bubs_42

Score, Ebay $120. :lol:

Atta boy, ya did good!

I like that the Gator supply has the three 18v outputs, but that feature doesn't leave enough room for an internal, ac supply, so you have to use a wall-wart. Also, the info doesn't say anything about the supplies being isolated.

VoodooLabs have a couple of power cables that have saved my ass:

Output Splitter Adapter - Ground Lifted. Allows you to run 2 9v pedals off of one output:

ppav.jpg

And, Voltage Doubler Adapter - 18V or 24V (runs the EPBooster and Treble Boosters @18v)

ppay.jpg

Score, Ebay $120. :lol:

Atta boy, ya did good!

I like that the Gator supply has the three 18v outputs, but that feature doesn't leave enough room for an internal, ac supply, so you have to use a wall-wart. Also, the info doesn't say anything about the supplies being isolated.

VoodooLabs have a couple of power cables that have saved my ass:

Output Splitter Adapter - Ground Lifted. Allows you to run 2 9v pedals off of one output:

ppav.jpg

And, Voltage Doubler Adapter - 18V or 24V (runs the EPBooster and Treble Boosters @18v)

ppay.jpg

Voltage Doubler, thats a good one. Thanks!

PB-1.jpg

Expensive, yes but the Burkey Flatliner Pro I picked up a while back fixed all the problems with noise I was having that other so called pro power supply's would not......the last power supply I will ever buy because I could prolly power a oven and cook pizza while up on stage with it!!

if you are only needing to run a few things i hear really good things about the fuel tank Jr

http://www.burkey.nl/flatliner%20engels.htm

Flatliner has one also that is 9 or 12VAC, capacity 1000 mA

As you can see in the pic I posted the thing is HUGE and heavy but is was the only power supply that I could find that would run my L6 DL4 and EH pedal quietly, everything else I tried I would get loud buzzzzzzing.......YMMV of course.........I was patient and found one used, it was still pretty costly but worth every penny to me so far, I really dont see me ever needing another power supply.

I also own one. Still not enough outlets to power my whole pedalboard. Will need to grab one with the ToneBone mod...

2 of them......that would weigh almost as much as a amp......LoL

Im actually hoping to get a MFC101 one day for my AxeFxII and do away with a "standard" pedal board.

Right now Im using the L6 HD500 as a controller for it and just have not had the time to figure out all the MIDI BS to program stomp switches.....I really look forward to the day when I only have to run one cable out to FOS!

I also own one. Still not enough outlets to power my whole pedalboard. Will need to grab one with the ToneBone mod...

Im actually hoping to get a MFC101 one day for my AxeFxII and do away with a "standard" pedal board.

Right now Im using the L6 HD500 as a controller for it and just have not had the time to figure out all the MIDI BS to program stomp switches.....I really look forward to the day when I only have to run one cable out to FOS!

I'll have two seperate pedalboards, once for the loop in the amp, and another for the front effects. Should be a bit lighter that way... :lol:

I'll have two seperate pedalboards, once for the loop in the amp, and another for the front effects. Should be a bit lighter that way... :lol:

The last board setup I did was like that. I used to Pedaltrain Nanno's, one sat on top of the amp and my effects loop with a line switcher/loop pedal on it. I could turn the effects on and off with a footswitch. I want the least amount of things to carry so i'm going with one board this time.

I recieved my Wah yesterday so the only think i'm waiting on is the Power Supply to get here. I think Tuesday it will be here.

I'm almost embarrassed to admit it but I run my whole board off a One spot and two daisy chains. Since the One Spot output is something like 1600 ma and most pedals take very little in regard to ma to run so my understanding was add em up and make sure they do exceed output of the transformer. no?

So far its seems like it working fine even with Line 6 DM4 in the loop. Maybe there are reasons to not do what I am doing but seems to be working for me. Thoughts?

Due to restraints on new compact home made board, I switched from pedal power to visual sound one spot - cheap and powers 8 pedals - I actually can power 9 using boss tu2 9v out. Only downside its 9v only. Been giging with this for 1yr+ and no problems.

I had been using visual sound one spot's for the last 5-6 years with no problems then one day out of no were BUZZZZZZZZ.

I started out by changing out all my patch cords and that didn't stop the noise, thats when I started trying different power supply's and found the Flatliner.

To this day I still dont know why I started having problems with the one spot's because they had worked flawlessly for so long......weird

I had been using visual sound one spot's for the last 5-6 years with no problems then one day out of no were BUZZZZZZZZ.

I started out by changing out all my patch cords and that didn't stop the noise, thats when I started trying different power supply's and found the Flatliner.

To this day I still dont know why I started having problems with the one spot's because they had worked flawlessly for so long......weird

I was going to ask why there was little love for the 1Spot: http://www.visualsound.net/index.php/products/pedal_power_supplies/1_spot_power_supply

Now I see why. I wonder if they would repair/replace your 1 Spot if you sent it to them. I've always read good things about their customer service.

I've used the one spot and it worked great for my more compact boards. I just wanted a unit I can mount up under the board and not worry about forgeting when I get to were i'm going. You know upstairs to the spare room or to the garage. Imagine having to go all the way back up stairs to get your power supply. :lol:

Archived