Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NTL Shop Happs 12/18 SuNdAy update SG Spcl fin

murkat

Question

Great stuff in the lil' shop.

The Blitz being prep'd for His new set of clothes ;)

003-14.jpg

A 67 sg jr. getting a facelift, tummy tuck, nail polished, a full salon treatment ;)

018-3.jpg

011-13.jpg

013-7.jpg

025-3.jpg

026-4.jpg

A bow tie in for some TLC as well. Bumps and slopes radiused out of the board

to a nice 12", replacing a couple of inlays, Shall be Excalibur!

009-9.jpg

002-16.jpg

Great stuff in the shop! Thanks again to all :)

• Answers 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have GOT to get to the damned post office!!!

Either that, or send a bunch of stuff back to Nashville with my friend's son this week...

That black Sunburst deserves to be put back right again.

still in Ann Arbor...hoping to drop in again when I get back but finals are looming; I got new pickups (SD Quarter Pound), push pull pots, and 2-pole five-way switches for the JLV TLE - have an idea of running 3 out of 5 settings in humbucking serial wiring. Also have SD Liberator pots to install, and am thinking of pulling the trigger on a Sustainiac, but want to play with the Soloist first, see how it all works...

I'll be in Korea for Christmas; I think I'll leave my collection over with you; doubleneck could use a fret dressing, Virt may need a Plek job, Sperzels have arrived, the top finish work on the JLV we talked about, and lots of wiring to be done...

still in Ann Arbor...hoping to drop in again when I get back but finals are looming; I got new pickups (SD Quarter Pound), push pull pots, and 2-pole five-way switches for the JLV TLE - have an idea of running 3 out of 5 settings in humbucking serial wiring. Also have SD Liberator pots to install, and am thinking of pulling the trigger on a Sustainiac, but want to play with the Soloist first, see how it all works...

I'll be in Korea for Christmas; I think I'll leave my collection over with you; doubleneck could use a fret dressing, Virt may need a Plek job, Sperzels have arrived, the top finish work on the JLV we talked about, and lots of wiring to be done...

With all that work you might just be the Grinch who stole Murkat's Christmas, Tobe! Just shittin' ya man - sure Jay appreciates your fine support. After all, the man's gotta retire someday (and pay for all that "NTL hideaway" beer :ph34r: ).

Today was the wrap up on the 67 SG special. It totally Rocks, those early P90's have that something.

008-14.jpg

013-8.jpg

VIntage spec, Gibson Parts cpa made, the oroinal not worky very well, shaft got pulled out when removing knob.

015-8.jpg

6/6 vintage nylon nut makes strings slippery across, esp when using the maestro.

018-4.jpg

A slight small shim on the back lip of the short maestro does two things,

Les dig in to the top, and adds a little slant to the bent spring of the maestro

to give it more of a break line without the strings popping off the bridge.

024-5.jpg

Tone Pros locking studs will keep the lightning bar in place

023-5.jpg

frikin Rock machine.

021-4.jpg

Oh, and a couple of Hamers chit chatting, hanging out while they cure...

027-6.jpg

Oh my. That SG makes my heart ache with the wants. I pine for thee, little SG. *sniff*

Steve picked out a good one on a whim...

It is pure P90 balls. Thick and chewy.

Very resonate between the P90 and neck tenon. Very loud there.

I bet it is! I've been using my ol' 62 Junior quite a lot lately. Paired it up with a Rivera Quiana + 4x12 yesterday instead of the normal 2204. Made for really nice "we need to do this more often!" moment.

I realized something today. I lost sight. Goals. No job too small.

last couple of weeks I got all caught up in WIPs and holiday and

I forgot / put something off that someone entrusting me to do.

I dropped the ball.

I apologize Len. In the mail for ya, all fixed up.

021-5.jpg

022-5.jpg

024-6.jpg

This Les paul deluxe (and was had at a very excellent price, stole it)

025-4.jpg

Two piece book matched top, solid one piece back. an early 2001 model.

026-5.jpg

027-7.jpg

It is here for a conversion... ;) It will look like this...

http://www.whocollection.com/pete%27s_.htm

And serial's Inferno project is now in wip. single pup / bigsby / pimp daddy yo yo finish will be completed by stike ;)

029-3.jpg

028-3.jpg

Now the real fun stuff comes into NTL. You'd almost think Mardi Gras was coming up instead of Christmas.

Not too many boring days at the shop there Jay. Makes ya wonder what's gonna come along next...

Archived