Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The perfect Hamer! (for me)

Gigged my last remaining Hamer over the last 2 weeks, a Mirage II w/ RioGrande TX/BBQ tapped pickups, I've got push pulls on the vol and tone to split each pickup. I swear, this guitar can cover any tune w/ fantastic results. The combo of the Rio's and the longer scale length really let this thing shine, from chicken picking tele type tones to Bad Co classic rock this axe can do it AND it weights under 8 lbs, a huge plus w/ my newly screwed up back. The only thing I lack is a true "quack" from a middle pickup, but both pups tapped gives that spirit for sure, anyway, I had an absolute blast playing the last few gigs on my Mirage II, just crowing a little! ;)

Mirage%20II001.jpg

The only thing I lack is a true "quack" from a middle pickup, but both pups tapped gives that spirit for sure, anyway, I had an absolute blast playing the last few gigs on my Mirage II, just crowing a little! ;)

Mirage%20II001.jpg

Route baby Route!!!!!!!

hahahahhah

SCMP_4.jpg

Guest hectorp2

I love my Mirage II also...with the 3-coil in the bridge and the 5-way blade switch (plus push pulls...all added by the "guitartisan" young Master Greg) it truly covers it all.

The MII is such a great platform...aside from the scale length...I really dig the blade switch which I hugely prefer to toggles.

I disagree with the advice to route the guitar for a third pickup. Don't mess with a guitar that already has a good vibe! You can find another guitar for those times you need that middle pickup quack. Besides, a different guitar can make you play with a fresh approach. Of course, you know that.

I disagree with the advice to route the guitar for a third pickup. Don't mess with a guitar that already has a good vibe! You can find another guitar for those times you need that middle pickup quack. Besides, a different guitar can make you play with a fresh approach. Of course, you know that.

Not really familiar with the wiring options of the split coils, but can you, say, wire the 'top' coil of the bridge in series with the 'bottom' coil of the neck? That might make a good middle pickup sound.

Kizanski...that red Mirage is really something. I don't suppose it's for sale?

There is a guitar shop in my neck of the woods that has a "new" natural maple topped Mirage II. They have it priced around $1500. I tried it out and man is it heavy!

I am still grooving on my recently acquired '92 Centaura. The definition on the notes on this thing is incredible. I have to play it every day.

Barn

Me likey. I dig Phantom Customs, TLEs and Mirages. Is that weird? :)

I don't think so at all. I have a Phantom Custom, and the two other Hamers that I would really want are a Mirage and an Electraglide (besides the requisite lust for a four digit standard)

Archived