Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Hamer Sunburst: Does that say 7 0005??

I'm not bidding, so no self-interst in scaring any one off. I'd be more concerened about the neck than the cracks in the back. I owned a '78 that I bought new and it developed a serious and (according to Frank U.) unrepairable twist in the neck. My understanding is that a significant number of the early Sunbursts with crowns had this problem. If I were laying out $2-3K or more for this guitar, I would want to be absolutely certain that the neck was straight.

Anyone local? it would be interesting to examine it in person.

Most of those early B&C necks developed a twist to some degree or another (that goes for my 8 0213 as well), but "unrepairable"? That would have to be pretty bad.

My '78 had the twist, but it still played well and the action was fine (don't ask me how or why), but since I was treating it to a re-fret, planing it was just part of the job.

I would prefer to hold that '77 my hands before buying as well, but considering its early significance, I would buy it and just expect to have to re-fret and plane the neck as i would on any early B&C Sunburst. Especially THAT early of an example.

Don't rule out the trusty heat press either.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed, four bids have been pulled and the total down to $2375.

Gets more interesting every minute...

most of the people there placed multiple bids, which would have been them increasing their bids. This seller though sells MAJOR amounts of stuff. Heck I bought my kahuna off of them a while back. They were very nice to deal with, and packed the guitar VERY well.

Price and bid dropped again! Down to $2225 and 23 bids.

What is going on (not that I'm bitching, better for me in the long run, just confused)?

Scotch it is, , Jay....

Don't think it has anything to do with being fixable. It can be fixed, no issue. Something funny is definitely going on, but again, I ain't bitching. :)

21 bids, now at $1,225

And no explanation from the seller. Fishy?

Nothing fishy. The retracted bids were $2200, $2350, and $3004.79.

In light of some statements made here concerning worth, people reconsidered their bid amounts.

Easy peasy :)

Yep, that's what you get when you deal with a Pawn Shop. Pile of heaping Snot, Nasy Worthless Anoying People. I used to live by a Pawn Shop and their name was Fair Deal Pawn. I remember telling my wife when we drove by. "That's an Oxymoron" I did try dealing with a pawn shop sales person when I was a teen. I never made the transaction. Come to think of it that first experience has scared me for life.

Okay, somebody just jumped this beast up there again in price. I keep getting people telling me it isn't worth the price, so am I a chump (yeah, know the answer)?

Edit- just noticed the big "jump" bidder has 0 feedback. Shill bidding, anyone?

Starting to think this fish is stinky indeed....

Okay, somebody just jumped this beast up there again in price. I keep getting people telling me it isn't worth the price, so am I a chump (yeah, know the answer)?

Edit- just noticed the big "jump" bidder has 0 feedback. Shill bidding, anyone?

Starting to think this fish is stinky indeed....

Maybe, they are starting to become collectable. Hey when I was looking for one there wasn't much out there under 3k.

Archived