Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Hamer Sunburst: Does that say 7 0005??

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About 40 minutes left. The seemingly shill bid didn't retract, this is the most bizarre auction I've ever witnessed.

shiller will retract at the last second,

or,

"they" had set up the shill account,

and

will do back door tactical shenanigans...

second chance offerings... etc.

just like that 12 string white chap...

...and counting down. 10..9..8..

I'm going to have a sauna in the meantime. B)

$2601. And as much in repair work.

The schill really worked, apparently.

I totally disagree. And I'm not convinced there was much or any schilling going on.

I think the guitar is well worth it, and even with a re-fret and fingerboard planing, the buyer got a good buy there.

I wasn't in the running, but I don't consider it a bad price for someone wanting to have a very early Hamer.

I don't think there were shill bids. The first round when three bidders dropped out, the highest bidder was from here (ebay names are masked, but feedback scores stay the same).

Well, the bidding was repeatedly driven up by a bidder with a zero history, winning bidder has 0% positive feedback.

That sets my alarms off. Maybe I'm wrong...

If it was purchased by a luthier it's a great deal. Otherwise? The amount of restoration work needed is gonna be pricey and will diminish a lot of the original condition value, if, say, the body has to be loaded with glue/mahogany dust to fill the cracks, and the back refinished. And what if the cracks are WAY deep?

I was tempted but I drew my mental line in the sand at 2k.

$2601. And as much in repair work.

The schill really worked, apparently.

I totally disagree. And I'm not convinced there was much or any schilling going on.

I think the guitar is well worth it, and even with a re-fret and fingerboard planing, the buyer got a good buy there.

If it was purchased by a luthier it's a great deal. Otherwise? The amount of restoration work needed is gonna be pricey and will diminish a lot of the original condition value, if, say, the body has to be loaded with glue/mahogany dust to fill the cracks, and the back refinished. And what if the cracks are WAY deep?

I think you're greatly overestimating the amount of "repair" work needed (and of the cost in doing it).

I think you're greatly overestimating the amount of "repair" work needed (and of the cost in doing it).

Indeed. First off, you can use Bondo to repair that body.

Murkat? Dat you? What's up with your feedback, sir?

I won...

A

DRINK!

Oh, that going to be some tasty Scotch....

Yes you did, almost to the dollar.

I tip my hat to you, sir. And a bottle...

Archived