Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Bob Seger's Les Paul Is Stolen

That sucks, but priceless? Even the $8 to 10 K seems high, doesn't it? For a '78 (guessing the EMGs were a later add-on, so also a modded) Paul? And if it's priceless, why would he leave it behind in a move, with doors to the house unlocked? Hell, my guitars would be the first thing in transit.

I'd guess it had to be kids- they also took a Wii, a charm bracelet and an auto'ed Shaq shoe.

He probably has a good chance at getting it back- small town, obvious kid robbery, ect.

I know I'd pay a lot of money to never hear another Bob Seger song.

Hell, my guitars would be the first thing in transit.

Weeelllll... a new house is usually a more common target for thieves. As they are being built they get robbed of materials. Then appliances get stolen. Then the first load of household items gets stolen.

I know I'd pay a lot of money to never hear another Bob Seger song.

LOL!

Yeah, you wonder what stars had to align for him to have been so popular.

His catalog holds a lot of hits, but to me there's a race to change the channel when I hear any of it.

It wasn't actually stolen - he just forgot where he left it. Great thing about Alzheimer's is that you get to meet new people every day (that, and you can hide your own Easter eggs).

I have never liked Bob Seger since I first heard the song "Turn the Page". Back in the early 90's I tried to be a full time musician and did not ever get beyond the "touring in a van and starving" level. Anybody that writes a song where they whine about being a successful musician can kiss my ass.

I got burned out on him in the early '90s when I was in Central PA for grad school. The "best" rock radio station pretty much overplayed "the Four Bs", as I called them: Boston, Bon Jovi, Bad Company and Bob Seeger. I'm pretty sure that they had to play at least three of the four,

EVERY

SINGLE

HOUR.

My god I was glad when Nirvana hit! :D

I got burned out on him in the early '90s when I was in Central PA for grad school. The "best" rock radio station pretty much overplayed "the Four Bs", as I called them: Boston, Bon Jovi, Bad Company and Bob Seeger. I'm pretty sure that they had to play at least three of the four,

EVERY

SINGLE

HOUR.

My god I was glad when Nirvana hit! :D

I can relate. Singer/2nd guitar player in one band I played insisted on covering the massively over-played "hits" of Seger, Tragically Hip, April Wine and Collective Soul so much, I had to move on. It was very liberating... :P

I have a list of three songs that I detest so thoroughly that I will quit a successful band before playing one. One was "Mustang Sally". A$$hole guitar player insisted on dragging it out (I'd warned him). I walked off to get a beer and the song was played bass-less. I quit the next day, true to my word.

Second is "Margaritaville", although I got tossed that one unexpectedly by the other guy in my acoustic duo during a high paying corporate gig, so I sucked it up. I suppose I don't so much hate the song as I do the Parrotheads.

Third and most disgusting is "Old Time Rock & Roll". People still ask for that song a 1/2 dozen times a year and it makes me wonder how stupid people really are that they've been brainwashed into actually thinking that song has any redeeming qualities.

That song is like Davd Matthews Band's 1st album, Carlos Santana or Nickelback. Ugh!

Okay. Maybe I don't have as visceral of a reaction as Serial does to that stuff...

I'm guessing Serial wouldn't do too well at a Sammy Hagar concert these days.

Is Sammy doing Dave Matthews covers now? :blink:

Too obtuse, I guess. Sammy's shows have a more than palpable Parrothead vibe these days.

I'm actually looking forward to experiencing it (via Sammy, not Jimmy) some day.

That said, I'd probably have a fine time at a Buffet show.

Lovin' how a stolen guitar thread gets devoured by a Segar hatefest! That's what makes me come back to this forum again and again during the day, there is no better entertainment on the web!

Archived