Hamer Fan Club Message Center

My Longtime Guitarist And Friend Has Died.....

mc2

It is nice that you were still good friends after a long relationship. It does not always work out that way. I hope you can keep the good memories upfront through the sadness and loss.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My condolences, hoping all the sadness will be progressively replaced by just the good memories. I know how hard is loosing a close friend! :(

My sincere condolences for your loss.

I'm gonna be the glass is half full guy and note that we all have to die some day... most of us will either die hooked up to a bunch of junk in the hospital, or in an old folks home surrounded by strangers, or slipping and falling in the tub and nobody finding our bodies until two weeks later, or of a violent, painful and absolutely wrenching heart attack, or in a car accident where our dead bodies are pulled from the car by firemen or even worse yet, to die in the ambulance on the way to the hospital and give the EMS worker one more death that he or she had to witness first hand etc.

Ronni got to go out playing rock and roll with friends and eased into her gentle night with a peaceful slumber, awakening from the long dream into her new blissful existence. We can't all be that lucky...

Bon Voyage Ronni, she was quite the shining star and an amazing musician. RIP

Man, hard to watch the "Thank you. Goodnight" at the end of this. That was her band we stole her out of in the 80s, right around the time Mike Varney had written her up in Guitar Player Magazne. There was a video on YouTube of the song by Toys with her, that is also on the last HFC compilation but can't find it. Not really appropriate anyway at the moment due to the title.

Thanks for all the wishes guys. Sadly, her daughter is next of kin and she's flying back from a DJ gig in Argentina she was doing, to claim the body, etc. Tough start to 2012 :(

http://www.myspace.com/ronnicrooks

Jon - very sorry to hear the news. You and all the people she loved and who loved her are in our thoughts.

Archived