Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Rock stars who can't do certain physical stunts no more

Admittedly, this was inspired by the also-fresh thread on DLR looking old, and off the cuff, I can think of these:

1. Roth don't do knee drops no more

2. Tommy Shaw don't do that high kick no more

3. Nils Lofgren don't back flips offa trampoline no more (he's had both hips replaced, fer cryin' out loud)

Didn't EVH used to run and land on his knees and slide across the stage? (I'm pretty sure he did that in 1980 or so when I saw them).

Speaking of flying knee drops, how 'bout Mitch Ryder?

Does Arthur Brown still use the burning helmet for "Fire"?

On the other hand, I took the kids to see the Stones several years ago. My then 12 year old daughter said "I can't believe Mick is 62!" He was definitely in good shape then.

... Malcolm's exactly the same.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Speaking of flying knee drops, how 'bout Mitch Ryder?...

He hardly climbes the stage. B)

Steve Walsh used to do handstands on his keyboard. He is probably still able to do it, but not without risking an accident.

Keith Emerson would climb all over an organ, stabbing daggers between keys to hold a chord while he played over it, then tipping the organ over. He proved not only drummers and guitar players could trash their equipment in an entertaining way. I doubt he still does that.

Leslie West - walk

And yet he probably can still kick ass on stage!

Speaking of Phil Collins: The one thing He does exceptioally well is the one thing that he retires from....drumming.

I just read the link about his "crushed verebrae".

Really Phil?

Really?

Ok maybe it's true, but the worst news I read was this comment:

But this is not the end of his music career, as Collins told fans: 'Don't worry, I can still sing.'

Really Phil?

Really?

It's what destroyed your drumming creds.

I can never play the drums again, says Phil Collins

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1m0cDXaUD

Now he can focus on his other stunts such as divorces, "acting", and "songwriting"....

people make fun of phil but go back and listen to the brand X stuff it is stellar.

Good point Al... but, there are probably not too many out there that have heard of Brand X. It was eccentric stuff, even in the 70's.

As far as Phil's vocals, forget all the Genesis post Gabriel hits and Phil solo stuff, and concentrate on Seconds Out. Nothing wrong with that one in my book

Archived