Hamer Fan Club Message Center

the ten most righteous HFC-owned Hamers

veatch

Yes, (thank you, I'm blushing now). I got it. A damn fine guitar in every way possible.

And then again, I've been thinking it might just need a Kahler to be 100% right, ^_^

It would look great with a rattle can Zebra paint job too.....................

One of my all time faves.

Someone tell me why I didn't buy it when I had the chance??

Hamer86archtopDanArmhead.jpg

The Punisher is another one.

Still kicking my own ass about that one.

You had the chance to buy them and you didn't...................

Do you still sleep at night ?

Yes, (thank you, I'm blushing now). I got it. A damn fine guitar in every way possible.

And then again, I've been thinking it might just need a Kahler to be 100% right, ^_^

Seriously, if you ever decide to part with this can I have dibs or am I too late ?

The most epic of all will be the 'Most-Metal-Standard-In-The-History-Of-Hamer' which I'm going to custom order as soon as Frank U gets back to me with a price...... :)

Can't wait to see that one! Same plan as before? Not sure if you're revealing the specs. I remember what you wanted a while back thinking exactly that...EPIC!

Like a baby, my friend.

I've had a few humdingers myself over the years.

Hamer86archtopDanArmhead.jpgHamerDAHeadstock.jpg

HamerDanArmhead.jpg

This is one of my personal favourites, owned by Disturber (I think?)

I wonder what that headstock would look like on a standard? If someone wanted a vibrato on a standard, but did not want a locking nut, this headstock would give a straighter string pull, like the paddle headstock, but would probably look a lot better. I like the paddle headstock fine on almost every hamer except the pointy ones. It just does not work on those.

I guess I should have expected that !!

It's gonna be killer, but given the current "Sure - we'll build anything you want" policy, I've decided to push out the boat with a few unexpected one-off surprises which I don't want to spoil.

Let me just say that a trans black flame top, extensive multi-ply binding, a reverse headstock and a house remortgage are all involved................... :)

I wonder what that headstock would look like on a standard?

Pretty cool, what with the way the top of the headstock is angled.

I like the paddle headstock fine on almost every hamer except the pointy ones. It just does not work on those.

Huh? You lost me there! :huh:

I wonder what that headstock would look like on a standard?

Pretty cool, what with the way the top of the headstock is angled.

I like the paddle headstock fine on almost every hamer except the pointy ones. It just does not work on those.

Huh? You lost me there! :huh:

I don't like the older vector or blitz models with Hamer's traditional 3 on a side headstock. It just does not look right to me. On all the other models where the traditional "paddle" headstock is common, I like it just fine. I think this other design with the curved top, let's call it the "scimitar" headstock, is probably angular enough to work on the pointy standard and vector models.

I still love my Peso-Pro

Completely a Classic. Dreamed up by you, built by Hamer and you still own it. That says something to me anyway. I see so many custom orders that get passed on after the original owner get tired of them and I find that sad. I still have the urge to do my own C/O but the prices have me singing the blues. NOT that they are so out of the park, its just that I can't afford that much.

Hamer86archtopDanArmhead.jpg

i also had the chance to, and he didn't want any money from me.

difficult to explain my decision, i'm still conflicted about it

Some humdingers...

The Vector Maximus

vfull_lg.jpg

The Aceburst

Aceburst2.JPG

The First (known) Chambered Standard Custom (which also happens to be korina)

DSCN8130.JPG

M3 with a carved back...

DSCN0164.jpg

1997 Standard Mahogany (Only "iconic" because it's been owned by about a dozen HFC-ers - me twice).

DSCN5835.jpg

Honorable Mention:

The GMW Sunburst Import.

I still have no idea what inspired them to modify a Korean Hamer to this extent (and expense), and I probably never will.

flame.jpg

+3 on the M3 with carved back.......Glad you let that one go, even if it DID reignite my desire to chase after more Hamers.

I don't like the older vector or blitz models with Hamer's traditional 3 on a side headstock. It just does not look right to me. On all the other models where the traditional "paddle" headstock is common, I like it just fine. I think this other design with the curved top, let's call it the "scimitar" headstock, is probably angular enough to work on the pointy standard and vector models.

Oh, I see now. I associated "paddle" headstock incorrectly. I agree that the pointys seem to favor the banana/arrow headstock, although I don't mind the 3/side head on original Vectors.

Archived