Hamer Fan Club Message Center

the ten most righteous HFC-owned Hamers

veatch

The Unbuckers are interesting......Unbalanced coils so that, when split, you do not have a sharp a drop in volume. To take advantage, you'd have to add push/pulls or do other mods......Not going to do that with this guitar.

well, you could just wire it to where you have Bridge humbucker... Bridge and Neck single coil... and Neck humbucker... then no mods required and you got a great "quack" in the middle position! a bit limiting... but still getting some use out of the unbuckers!

Not a bad idea.....Do not want to "hijack" this thread....I will try to give you some thoughts re Unbuckers and related "sound ideas" separately, later.

The Unbuckers are interesting......Unbalanced coils so that, when split, you do not have a sharp a drop in volume. To take advantage, you'd have to add push/pulls or do other mods......Not going to do that with this guitar.

well, you could just wire it to where you have Bridge humbucker... Bridge and Neck single coil... and Neck humbucker... then no mods required and you got a great "quack" in the middle position! a bit limiting... but still getting some use out of the unbuckers!

Tried to send you some further info in a PM, so as not to crowd this thread......Could not send it....Maybe your mail box is full(?)

• 5 months later...

I guess I'm partial to my Standard Custom.

standard-008.jpg

standard-002.jpg

Of course, that's just me. :)

conorb

Damn, what's that?

I've seen a black transparent Standard Custom trade on ebay two or three years ago that was setup up with gold hardware. It looked tremendously nice. Mini humbuckers are a great spot too. How do you switch them?

That looks like one of the run of Standards Wilcutts had commissioned - so if it is, those pups aren't minis, they're Lollar Firebird pups unless I'm mistaken. The trans black top is killer.

The guitar is indeed one of the Standard Customs made for Wilcutts; I purchased it from them late last year. From their website:

"The Standard Customs are part of a special 5 guitar run commissioned by Willcutt Guitars. This Standard Custom features an Ultimate Grade flame maple top, ebony fingerboard with custom Victory inlays, and custom Jason Lollar Firebird pickups with custom wiring. These guitars are fully chambered with an "X" brace pattern that really opens up the sound. The electronics include a blend pot for the middle position and a ToneStyler 16 position tone pot."

The switching is fairly normal for up = neck, down = bridge, middle = both with the middle knob acting as a blender pot for the middle pickup. So the middle pu can be mixed into any switching variation by using the blender knob. The ToneStyler takes a bit to get used to but it acts as a discreet tone control at any one of the 16 positions within the pot.

Sorry, I didn't see this before as I would've answered sooner. ;)

conorb

You mean THIS one (before I mutilated the picture for a possible order)?

My3p-90Customteal.jpg

Somebody here has got a blue 12-string Duotone Custom with abalone or paua shell purfling that almost made me wet my pants. Can't find a picture, but it's awesome.

<EDIT> Found it:

LauraPressUltimateDuotone12string.jpg

Laura P's "Ultimate Duotone 12"...incredible. (oh, and DIBS.)

Somebody here has got a blue 12-string Duotone Custom with abalone or paua shell purfling that almost made me wet my pants. Can't find a picture, but it's awesome.

<EDIT> Found it:

LauraPressUltimateDuotone12string.jpg

Laura P's "Ultimate Duotone 12"...incredible. (oh, and DIBS.)

DAMN!

Sometimes my blueburst Centaura Deluxe comes up on lists like this...

CentauraDeluxeAngle.jpg

CentauraDeluxe.jpg

Of course, it is BCR Greg's photographic skill that makes so many of these guitars look so awesome...

Maybe not "one-of-a-kind" but they're all either highly-optioned or first-of-a-kind.

2006 Monaco III: Jazzburst, Loolars, tort binding, and arched back.

DSCN0164.jpg

DSC_3127.jpg

The 2004 NAMM Korina Vector.

You know what it is.

vdetail1_lg.jpg

The Aceburst (when it still had a Sustain Block). Not one-of-a-kind, but quite righteous.

Aceburst%20up.JPG

2004 Korina Standard Custom

The first chambered Standard.

DSCN8135.JPG

"The Butcher"

2004 Korina Special: Sustain Block, PhatKats, ebony board, inlay delete, chambered body, spruce top.

Sprucestainblockfull.jpg

I owned both of those at one time, Len!

Archived